Edgar Cayce's reading on The Lost Dutchman Mine

Moderator: somehiker

oroblanco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Edgar Cayce's reading on The Lost Dutchman Mine

Post by oroblanco »

There is an Edgar Cayce website? Would you mind posting a link Jim? Not that I am being lazy (well to be honest, YES I am, sad to admit) but it would be interesting to say the least. I would agree too that the most likely person to have sought this reading would have been Barry Storm, but you never know unless as has been suggested, there is a way to get at the original registry now.

Roy
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

I don't have that link any more Roy. I downloaded that at least 12 years (Many hard drive crashes) ago. :lol:

I do know that Cayce died in Jan 1945, so he may not have done another reading on the LDM.

Jim
historybuff

Post by historybuff »

Over time, the books, articles, ect, that I have read regarding Cayce and his readings covered alot of stuff. His medical readings were validated many times as being accurate. His ability to tap into the cosmic forces and answer specific questions has been documented in the records that were kept by his secretary during his readings. He was even called into the White House by Roosevelt during WWII. These records were either destroyed or have never been released.
TV programs looked things like Atlantis and Armageddon.

Roy, the best place to start is A.R.E. http://www.edgarcayce.org

As far as future events he did predict things like WWII, stock market crash of 29, ect.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Thanks for the input historybuff, Very informative!

So much for the thought that he was "Blocked" from seeing things that had not happened yet. Now that you mention it. I do remember seeing something on TV, about him making a prediction about the Earth's Magnetic Pole Shift (Reversal) in the year 2012. It was very interesting.

I have had a Proton Magnetometer for about two years, and I have actually noticed a shift in the readings of the magnetic field, in the area where I live in just that short period of time.

Fasten your seat belts. If Cayce was right about that one. It could be a bumpy ride.

Jim
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

Ditto to the words of my amigo Jim - Thank you Historybuff!
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Roy,

I have been looking at the website historybuff provided.
It looks like the same place I got the LDM reading from, except now, you have to be a registered member to access the archive of his readings online.

From the website:
Edgar Cayce Readings Online
EdgarCayce.org's member section is your personal resource for information, inspiration, and community. Members can research the complete Edgar Cayce readings online through our online database which includes background and reports as well as a topical index. Available exclusively to members.

Quarterly Membership $10 per quarter

One-Year Annual Membership $40 for one year

$30 Automatic Renewal Annual Membership* (save 25%)

* Automatic Renewal and Quarterly Membership options require a credit card. We automatically bill your credit card each year or each quarter depending upon the option you select.

Nothing is free online anymore <sigh>.

Jim
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

Jim wrote
Nothing is free online anymore <sigh>.
Well that is the pits. Some of us have very tight budgets, so I guess now in the "information age" that means only those with extra bucks get that information. Oh well, this will have to on my 'backburner' which already has quite a backlog on it.

I need to get going on that second million bucks, the first one is long since spoken for.
Roy
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Well... Since he died in Jan of 1945, I doubt that there was another reading. B. Storm was probably still trying to figure how to "Walk on air" 37 1/2 paces from his "Marked Cactus" in Needle Canyon, :D and wouldn't have had time to get back for more information before it was too late!

I think we probably already have all there is on the subject.

Jim
historybuff

Post by historybuff »

Too bad Storm didn't ask for lat and lon. :lol:
Has anyone found the silver mine in lost sheep?

Here's some more stuff for casual reading... letters send from (storm)? to Cayce and his response..

Mr. Edgar Cayce Virginia Beach, Va.
Dear Friend:-
Please forgive me for delaying so long to write you. I have worked so hard catching up with work that piled up while I was gone that when night came I was just too exhausted to write.
Did you enjoy your vacation? I hope that you did, and that you returned refreshed to tackle the work that I KNOW had piled up during your absence.
No matter how much I wrote I could never tell you how much I enjoyed my stay there, for you and Mrs. Cayce were just grand to me. Nevertheless the time was entirely too short for me for I feel that I could never tire of listening to your experiences. There is not much that I can write that I think could be of interest to YOU! But, please, if you ever think of me, when you have time, drop me a few lines telling of some experience just as you think of it and as you talked to me.
On Feb 24th I did manage to find a carton to pack and Ship the typewriter in. Hope you received it Ok?
Have been fretting continually because I haven't been able to get away to Arizona as yet but the way things are shaping up now, I expect to get away right after the first - about the 3rd or 4th. Wish me luck for both of us!
Please thank Harmon and Mrs. Bro for me and tell him that I think of him often and wish him the best of everything.
With warmest regards to you both, I remain
Your friend, [ 3638 ]
3/17/44 EC's letter to Mr. [ 3638 ]:
Mr. [ 3638 ] ..., Louisiana
Dear Mr. [ 3638 ]
Thanks very much for your letter of the 10th [12th].
Yes, I had a very nice little trip to Florida, where I had a very nice visit with Mr. Sugrue and his family and friends; then had a pleasant stay of several days with my sister and her husband. Came home feeling fairly well, and then everything seemed to explode in my face, and I have been entirely out of the running since about the 14th of February. Just got started back to work really, yesterday.
Now you can very well imagine how the work has piled up on us here. Not only the regular as comes in from day to day, which still numbers a hundred or more most every day, but all of these back readings are to be taken care of in some way. I hope I don't become "panicky" and I trust the delay has not been too hard on most of those that have been seeking information. Although I know a delay for many of them has been most disappointing. A few have gotten over-anxious and said something, not too unkind, but I might think they didn't quite understand, and I'm sure I don't understand them.
I assure you your stay at the beach was enjoyed by everyone here, and hope that it proved not only interesting, but really beneficial to you in many ways.
Want to thank you for the typewriter that you sent. It arrived in good shape, and I am in hopes that we will be able to use it to an advantage and in a helpful way for someone.
I hope things work out for you in a most satisfactory manner and when it is the right time you will be able to go on with your work out in Arizona and that you find just what you want. You know if there is anything or anyway that we can be of help, we will be glad to try.
Harmon is coming along very nicely. He has just completed the booklet on physical readings, the paper intended to prepare individuals better for what they might obtain through their own physical readings. I think it is a very nice contribution to the data that the Association has and is trying to prepare to be helpful to others. [See 3901-1 Reports.]
Thanks again for everything, and let us hear from you.
Sincerely, Edgar Cayce EC/gm
8/25/44 See EC's letter to Mr. [ 1561 ] under 1561-11 , Par. R10 indicating that Mr. [ 3638 ] was also interested in the << Lost>> Sheep Mine in Arizona.
10/08/44 [ 3638 ]'s letter to EC:
New Orleans, La.
Mr. Edgar Cayce Virginia Beach, Va. Dear Friend:-
It's shameful to start a letter with an apology so I'll not do it.
I made the trip to Arizona in April but ran into difficulties that were unsurmountable and had to return home unsatisfied. I didn't write you because I wanted to see you again and tell you about it personally, (and I do hate to write). Have had to postpone the trip several times but now I have tickets purchased and reservation secured for Wednesday Oct. 11th and feel confident will be able to get started THIS time. My wife will be with me and we will arrive the morning of Friday, 13th. (O - O - just noticed it - Jinx day!)
Have been receiving the weekly bulletins and enjoy them very much. There is food for much thought in each one and I hope you will never have to discontinue them. Which reminds me that there must be quite an expense in preparing and mailing them so I am enclosing a contribution for this good work.
Looking forward to again seeing you, I remain,
Yours Sincerely, [ 3638 ]
10/11/44 GD's wire to [ 3638 ]:
Mr. Cayce ill - will be away from home several weeks. Sorry. Gladys Davis, Sec'ty
7/26/60 See Thomas C. King's letter in re 3638-1 under 1561-11 , Par. R31 regarding << Lost>> Sheep Mine in Arizona.
11/29/71, Monday, Article in Ledger-Star:
<< LOST DUTCHMAN>> SEARCH MAY BE NEAR END
PHOENIX, Ariz. (AP) - A century-long search for the legendary << Lost Dutchman>> Gold Mine may be nearing an end.
The U.S. Forest Service has proposed a five-step management plan which would virtually halt exploration on the western slopes of the Superstition Mountains, a rugged, desolate range east of Phoenix towering 4,000 feet above the desert floor.
Legend has it that an old << Dutchman>> , Jake Walzer in some stories, blasted the mine's entrance closed in the 1870's because he realized he was dying and could never return to his treasures.
Some stories say the old << Dutchman>> left millions of dollars in solid gold bars which had been stolen earlier in the century. Others say he tucked Spanish treasures into the tunnels, while still others say he discovered solid veins of pure gold while carving his way into the Superstitions.
Whatever is there - if anything - the Forest Service says it has interested too many persons, and that fortune seekers using everything from bulldozers to shovels are scarring the barren mountain range.
The Forest Service proposal would prohibit campers and prospectors from living in the area and establish rigid guidelines to control treasure hunters.

more to come ,

Bill
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hmmmmmm... None of that looks like Storm's writing to me Bill.
Who ever wrote that first letter did not send it from Arizona, but from someplace where they were involved in some kind of business that needed catching up on when they returned to it. Storm was hot and heavy in Arizona working on his first edition of Thunder Gods Gold in 1944. Erwin Ruth was a business man in Wash. D.C., and Clay Worst owned a Sheep Ranch in Montana, in 1944. The next time I see Clay. I will ask him if he knows who this reading was done for.

Here is something interesting I found in Tom Kollenborn's book. THE CHRONOLOGICAL HISTORY OF THE SUPERSTITION WILDERNESS AREA, THE LOST DUTCHMAN MINE, AND ADJACENT REGIONS OF CENTRAL ARIZONA:

"November 21, 1955, a mining claim was staked in Edgar Cacye name near Weaver's Needle".

If Cayce died in Jan. 1945, who would have staked a mining claim in his name in 1955???

Here is a similar quote from pg 188 of Kollenborn's book Ride Through Time First edition:

—Edgar E. Cayce staked a claim on November 21, 1955, near Weaver's Needle in the Superstition Mountains.

These both look like something Tom clipped out of a newspaper, so it would probably be a dead end, as far as obtaining additional information about them is concerned. I will check with him to see if he does have any additional information, and if he knows who the Cayce reading on the LDM was done for.