GRAND CANYON

Moderator: Jim_b

LDMGOLD
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

GRAND CANYON

Post by LDMGOLD »

My wife wanted me to post some of her Grand Canyon photos taken on a run down the Colorado
River through the Grand Canyon from Lee's Ferry to Lake Mead. I think you will enjoy this one.

Jim Hatt

Re: GRAND CANYON

Post by Jim Hatt »

Tom,

Tell Sharon I really like it! I was due for a change in my Desktop background. I love the range of colors and reflection in the still waters!
She must have been riding right up in the very front of the raft, or else they were drifting sideways when she shot the photo.

Jim
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

Jim:

Sharon was riding on the bow most of the time. Not very many participants wanted to ride on the bow, especially through the rapids. Her photos of Deer Creek falls and Vassey's Paradise are also beautiful. It might be a while before I have time to post more Grand Canyon photos.

Tom K.
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Beautiful picture!
Incredible lighting!
This is probably as close as I'll get to rafting the canyon!
Thanks for posting!
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

Sharon really appreciates your comments. She was seventy-one when she made this last trip. After retiring she picked up the camera and really learned how to use it. She loves photography and goes after all kinds of subjects. Your comments certainly make her proud of the work she did while on the river. I will thank you for her.

Tom K.
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

Here is another photo Sharon took from the south rim prior to her river trip. She has a natural eye for composition and framing a photo. I was impressed with this photo also even though it is a slightly different subject setting. She titled it "IN TO THE GRAND CANYON". It is not a photo of the canyon, but a view into the canyon. That is a big difference when it comes to photographs of the Grand Canyon. She wanted to view the Grand Canyon differently than other people. After all she is a native Arizonan.

Mrs.Oroblanco

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

Man, I would LOVE to have those in my darkroom - those photos would make some magnificant blow-ups and wall murals.

Nothing - and I mean nothing - no school, no instruction, no camera - can take the place of someone having that natural eye for form and function.

Beth (Mrs.O)
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

Wow! Not trying to butter you up but those are gorgeous! The river shot would make a magazine cover shot for AZ Highways, no kidding. Thank you for sharing!
Roy
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

Beth & Roy:

Sharon thanks you very much for you kind remarks. She loves her photography and takes it very serious. She now wants me to drive her to Monument Valley for a few days so she can be up at sunrise to photograph the area.

Again thank you for kind remarks she will really appreciate them.

Tom K.
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

She rafted the river at 71 years?
Wow, I guess I don't have an excuse then....
I would like to know more...who did you book through?