GRAND CANYON

Moderator: Jim_b

LDMGOLD
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: GRAND CANYON

Post by LDMGOLD »

This is Deer Creek Fall. This fall is approximately 200 feet high. I thought you might enjoy another Grand Canyon paradise. This fall is only accessible from the river for all practical purposes.

Enjoy,

Tom & Sharon Kollenborn
yuccahead
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by yuccahead »

Tom, you're river photos remind me of one of those notecards or T-shirts that give advice from nature. Here's "Advice from a River" -

Advice from a River

Go with the flow
Be thoughtful of those downstream
Slow down and meander
Follow the path of least resistance
for rapid success

Immerse yourself in nature,
Delight in life's adventures around every bend
Let difficulties stream away

It takes time to carve the beauty of the canyon
Rough waters become smooth
Go around the obstacles
Stay current

The beauty is in the journey!
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Thanks to you both!
:D
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

Again thanks for the kind remarks Terry and Yuccahead. We really enjoy your photos and look forward to seeing new ones. I didn't think to much of Sharon's photo of the deer in Bright Angel Creek, however she wanted me to post it. So here goes. Grand Canyon deer are tame.

Again thanks,

Tom Kollenborn
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

Yuccahead,

One last comment.....That poem was fantastic. It was exactly how we both felt on our trips down the Colorado River, and it is also the reason we return often. Sharon went down the river with man that was 92 years old year before last. He had worked as an engineer surveying the canyon for those dam sites. Thank God they were never built. He was a strong advocate against building dams on the Colorado River between Lake Powell and Mead even though he had surveyed the dam sites.

Tom Kollenborn
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

Here is another one of my wife's Grand Canyon photos of a small water fall in National Canyon. The small fall was about 1/2 mile from the river. The water in this canyon is crystal clear.

LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

Here is another one of Sharon's Grand Canyon photos. This Red Wall Cavern. This cavern is large enough for two football fields.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

I can't begin to imagine what it must have been like for early explorers to discover the Grand Canyon and explore it!!! It the closest thing to going back in time they would ever experience.

Great photos.
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

My wife was luckier than the first explorers. She had a good digital camera to take photos with. Yes, I must agree. The explorers who first visited the Grand Canyon were probably overwhelmed with its beauty, as we today. We continue to return to the Grand Canyon almost annually. The wife plans on another trip down the river in September. She wants to see the inner gorge during the fall of the year. As time permits I will post other photos of the Grand Canyon.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

From the first time I saw the Grand canyon, I think it was on the Brady bunch. I wanted to spend a few weeks just wandering around inside the canyon. Thanks for the photos. Your wife has a great eye.

Kurt P