Sounds like the Sandman is making progress:

http://davidvanvoorhis.blogspot.com/

Brew
lara
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Prayers needed for Sandman

Post by lara »

it is SO good to read sandman is getting better. as one who has "been there" i know how important it is to know people in our virtual community care about our wellbeing. i am sure everyone's prayers are welcomed and appreciated by the sandman.

lara
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

"Ditto"... Well put Lara,

Jim
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

THANK YOU DUSA particpants for all of the good energy and prayers! I am well on the road to recovery and now in a rehabilitation hospital learning to walk again. Today I am home on a day pass and walking slowly with a walker. Thank God I'm alive! My family got that dreaded news early morning on Father's day last June. At around 4am, I was on my way back into the hospital where I work to recover an emergency surgical case. Little did I know I would become one myself! Wrecking 1/2 mile from the trauma center where I work saved my life and limbs. Got my watermellon busted , several limbs and other things busted good!

I woke up to OUCH! It was around the time when the 8 racing fans were killed (and 10 injured) over in the Johnson Valley OHV area. WOW! I am one lucky and blessed man! Its been a rough bumpy road and I'm sorry to say the accident was fatal to my 4x4 truck and camper shell though we did manage to slavage the desert essential gear inside. Once I recover enough to obtaain my driving privaleges again from the DMV (lost due to a head injury), I'm planning to buy another 4x4 vehicle to enjoy my lifetime that is left. No work in my immediate future ( a year or two off) but I still have my jobs when I'm ready!

Anyway, safe travels and enjoyment to you all. God bless you all and thank you for your prayers and support!

Dave aka Sandman
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Dave, so good to hear from you and thankful that you're well on the road to recovery. I sent a card to you some time ago but don't know if you ever received it or not. I've had some of my own medical issues these past 10 months but I'll send you a note to explain them, you'll be shocked. I've got your parents address, I trust that will still work to get mail to you.

Anyway, good to see you back here on DUSA - be talking to ya....

Greg (aka - Plays In The Dirt)
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Thank God you're alive!
Welcome back.
TradClimber

Post by TradClimber »

Welcome back Dave!

Good to hear from you again and I hope you continue to progress well.

I know it can be hard, but keep up with the physical therapy.

Take care,

TradClimber
Vulture

Post by Vulture »

Welcome back SM. Hoping your recovery/therapy goes well for you. Hoping that the DMV clears you so you can hit the back roads again.
Sal

Post by Sal »

Good to have you back Sandman!
yuccahead
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by yuccahead »

Geez, Sandman, it's good to see you posting again.