Prayers needed for Sandman

Plays In The Dirt

Re: Prayers needed for Sandman

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

I'm so terribly sorry to read this bad news. Sandman is a true lover of the outdoors who gets out there on a regular basis. My best wishes for a quick recovery!

Greg
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Sandman has been a very valued member, and contributor to the DUSA forums. It would indeed be a big loss, to lose his input to the discussions. Let's all hope for a speedy and complete recovery for him.

If anyone has an address for the hospital, where we can send cards to let him and his family know, he is in our thoughts and prayers, please post it.

Jim
Mrs.Oroblanco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

Oh my goodness - this is terrible news.

I pray for his full recovery and for strength for his family.

And, I want to thank you for letting us know.

Beth (Mrs.O)
Dan

Post by Dan »

If you want to know what happened to Sandman, his daughter started a blog to keep everyone updated on his progress as he recovers. Sounds like he will recover mostly as far as they can tell now. Possibly a full recovery is in his future. Let's all hope so. He's awful beat up, and will need several more surgeries to finish the reconstruction necessary. Here is the url for his daughter's blog: http://davidvanvoorhis.blogspot.com/ , and if you're inclined to give blood, there is a blood drive going on which will credit him with however many units are raised which are designated under his name. He will need some as time goes on.
spiny

Post by spiny »

So sorry to hear the news about Sandman. I'm praying for his full recovery. I've been reading his posts here for a long time, and it's clear that he cares a great deal about the desert we all love.

Thanks for posting the URL about his status, Dan.

spiny
reptilist
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by reptilist »

I'm sorry to hear this!
I wish him well!!!!
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Dan,

Yes, thanks so much for posting the blog site. I went there and read what happened and the extent of his injuries are mind boggling. In looking at the condition of his truck he's very lucky to still be with us. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family, and I wish for him a speedy recovery.

Greg
Plays In The Dirt
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hi Greg,
Yeah, if this can happen to Sandman, it can happen to anyone. Don't know how he drives, but I think it's a fair bet he wasn't trying to do this to himself. Everyone be careful out there. It's easy to end up in a vehicle that's out of control with very unpredictable results. Life is too short already. If you're living in the area, and are so inclined, you can give blood. The addresses and details are at the blog site.
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

This is so messed up. I hope Sandman comes out of this in a functional mode. He and I have debated for a long time. He is a good guy and has done some great stuff for the medical profession taking care of folks in the same situation as he is in. GET BETTER DAVE!!
For more updates,

Another link: http://vote29.com/newmyblog/archives/6759

Stan
desert wanderer
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by desert wanderer »

Dave is a great guy, and I know he's also strong! My guess is that he'll come out of it in good shape, and I sincerely hope that he does. His contributions on this website have been valuable and often, very helpful. He got out into the desert wilderness often, as he truly loves the desert and wild places.
I'm very sorry to hear that he has been injured, and will join all in prayer, for his full recovery.