Jesuit Treasure in the Superstitions

Moderator: gollum

silent hunter
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Jesuit Treasure in the Superstitions

Post by silent hunter »

Mike you are asking Joe to draw his own conclusion.......That is not possible...His mind is locked like so many of the people that flock round him.....It is funny how Joe is now here at the desert usa page??? Joe I like the photos of your furnace(smelter)...If you want to see a complete furnace look in the true stories chasing the legend...OLD MEXICAN SMELTER...I acually have copyright on all those. I located and found them 10 years ago....Joe do you know where long canyon is?? also known as Alder canyon.......You should see what I found there! HAHAHA....I have been Silent for some time now working my projects.....I wanna thank Victor for running cover for this project..

Kurt Painter
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

silent hunter wrote:Mike you are asking Joe to draw his own conclusion.......That is not possible...His mind is locked like so many of the people that flock round him.....It is funny how Joe is now here at the desert usa page??? Joe I like the photos of your furnace(smelter)...If you want to see a complete furnace look in the true stories chasing the legend...OLD MEXICAN SMELTER...I acually have copyright on all those. I located and found them 10 years ago....Joe do you know where long canyon is?? also known as Alder canyon.......You should see what I found there! HAHAHA....I have been Silent for some time now working my projects.....I wanna thank Victor for running cover for this project..

Kurt Painter
Kurt,

Thank you for your warm welcome to DUSA. Once again, I am happy to be here.

Same as last time I was here, I did not come to insult the members or be insulted by them. Believe I have something to add to the conversations......given a chance.

My friends do not "flock around" me, but they are some of the best minds to be found on Arizona history, and more specifically, the area around the Superstition Mountains and the legends attached to the range. I benefit greatly from their shared knowledge, and believe the members here could as well. Believe Paul could vouch for the truth of that statement.

You are more than welcome to your opinion of the state of my mind, but to state that their minds are closed is an unreasonable insult. I believe you owe them a general apology for the unwarranted slur.

I am not here for a pissing contest, so lets at least be civil. Unless I am banned again for speaking my mind, I plan on staying awhile.

Most of the Dutch Hunters who "flock around" me, only see me at the Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous.......once a year. I would say that the vast majority do not agree with my conclusions on things related to the Supe's. On the other hand, I believe they do respect me.

Many of the "Mexican" works found in Arizona were actually done for Americans, who hired Mexican miners to work their claims. Same thing happened at many of the cattle ranches in the state. The Mexicans built things the way they knew how.

Mitch Waite was a partner of mine. He spent a lot of time in Alder/Long Canyon. He believed in my conclusions on the Stone Maps, but could not continue due to failing health. I have his signature on the back of my map agreeing to a partnership. I am happy that you have discovered something up there by Brown's Cave. No need for the "HAHAHA"........I'm happy for anyone who makes a find.

What say we just start over and keep it smooth on the forum.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Joe you are here on Desert Forum.....I alway's read what you write here and on other sites.....Ya know I found the spot from his own clues....When it snows look for the opening.....And every time it snowed I was up there flying over that canyon.....He was correct...The only problem is the area is already claimed....And I am in the process of getting that from the owner...Someday you should show me your theory on where the maps take you....Do you think the maps where made to lead you to the gold? or maybe to lead you away so that the real spot would never be looked at.......All one has to do is find the location of the Fort at Mcdowell and follow the old trail from there...I found the spot it is on Indian land I will tell you that much....And you cant buy a trespass permit. There area is close to all...

Kurt Painter
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

[Joe you are here on Desert Forum.....I alway's read what you write here and on other sites.....Ya know I found the spot from his own clues....When it snows look for the opening.....And every time it snowed I was up there flying over that canyon.....He was correct...The only problem is the area is already claimed....And I am in the process of getting that from the owner...Someday you should show me your theory on where the maps take you....Do you think the maps where made to lead you to the gold? or maybe to lead you away so that the real spot would never be looked at.......All one has to do is find the location of the Fort at Mcdowell and follow the old trail from there...I found the spot it is on Indian land I will tell you that much....And you cant buy a trespass permit. There area is close to all...]

Kurt,

I'm glad that you have found what you are looking for.

If you come to the Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous this Oct., I will be happy to explain my reading of the Stone Map trail maps.

It's probably been over forty years since I put the trail maps to a topographic and started searching the trail through the Superstitions. This formation can be found at the end of the trail, which is in the center of the heart stone:

This is the trail, shown on the map, that leads directly to the heart in the picture:

As you can see, it's been worn down to the bedrock.

Over the years I have also done some flying over the mountains:

Thanks for your reply,

Joe Ribaudo
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Joe I will never find what I am looking for out there lol....Joe have you ever seen the photos of the smelters and the lost mines I have located.....Flying above all that history is something most of us only dream about. Awesome photos.....Are you flying from the south end of the supes over east towards the old burn,then up across Fortress hill, south of squaw box area,and then over Tortilla mountain?

Kurt Painter
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

silent hunter wrote:Joe I will never find what I am looking for out there lol....Joe have you ever seen the photos of the smelters and the lost mines I have located.....Flying above all that history is something most of us only dream about. Awesome photos.....Are you flying from the south end of the supes over east towards the old burn,then up across Fortress hill, south of squaw box area,and then over Tortilla mountain?

Kurt Painter
Kurt,

I focused on my area of interest......for the most part. We flew out of Falcon Field and came in from the west end, over the main mountain. We did not fly east of Bluff Spring Mountain, but did fly to the north of the range up on the Salt.

I have made a number of flights over the mountains by helicopter. Had a laptop with a topo' program hooked up to a GPS. Knew exactly where we were on the topo' at all times.

Take care,

Joe
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Joe,
Hank Snow said it best "I have been everywhere"...I use the helicopter as a way to get to remote areas.. spend allot of time in the area and then get picked up...Sometimes I hike back out....But it is safe to say I have been Everywhere in the Supe's....Jim used to get pissed and say that it was impossible for me to have been that many places untill I took him with me. It did not take long for him to believe....The hardest part of the search and the most time consuming is getting to your destination....

Kurt Painter
gollum

Post by gollum »

Hey Kurt,

Over the years, Joe and I have had our go rounds, but I have a lot of respect for him and his opinions. They have come from many years of experience and friendships with many of the "Very Old Timers." While we may not agree on some subjects, I have a suspicion that a lot of times, Joe likes to "stir the s**t" (so to speak). HAHAHAHA

He has, also on occasion, to throw out tidbits of information (that we found out later he had much more detail than he let on), maybe just to see how people would react to it.

Many old timers (I have found) have multiple opinions on different subjects relating to treasure hunting, DLM, Jesuit Treasure, etc. Sometimes, they act one way, while personally believing something else to try and garner information they might not have had, by getting a heated discussion going.

Mike
gollum

Post by gollum »

Kurt,

Do you ever have someone set you down out there? Are you averse to maybe dropping someone via fastrope or rappelling into the SMWA (or is that legally taboo)?

Mike
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

Mike,

I believe 3,000' AGL is the rule for the Wilderness Area.

Good luck,

Joe