Hey sorry Joe but those pic's an't the end of the trail,

babymick1
i-tsari-tsu-i

Re: Jesuit Treasure in the Superstitions

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

babymick1 wrote:Hey sorry Joe but those pic's an't the end of the trail,

babymick1
Babymick,

That's the same opinion voiced by many others. I would be happy to see something that fits the Stone Maps better. So far, it ain't happening. A lot of folks out there have shown me what they have. I respect their opinions, but still like mine best.

Do you have a heart (Search for the heart) at the end of your trail? Does your trail map have old mines that are shown on the Stone Maps? Does your map go right by Harry LaFrance's cave of gold bars? Did Adolph Ruth camp right on your Stone Map trail?

Just askin......don't really expect an answer. I have drawn my answer on a topographic map, 45 or so years ago. It's available to anyone who would like to see it, and follow the trail for themselves.

I don't have a problem with anyone saying I have it all wrong. If there's a better answer out there, it might prove I'm wrong, but no map, no pictures is just another story.

Thanks for your comment.

Take care,

Joe
babymick1
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by babymick1 »

Joe

I have no opinions, I don't work that way, if its not there in the field its not bent to fit. Yes I do have a heart and a mine and four pit mines, looked at alot of so called maps of the dutchmans, There's one that is correct to a point and that one is the julia thomas map if she drew it I don't know but ever who did had some inside info for sure.

Now I offered straight up 50/50 partners with a few so called dutch hunters one has a correl, one had a hatt ,the other was one week ago but he come up silent.
So I,m not going that washy route no more.( Dam dutch hunters anyway )

Oh and Mr. Wood believes the stone are totally fake so I guess when I,m haveing chicken he'll be eating crow.

Babymick1

PS I'm never wrong, 33 years my wife's been saying it
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

If you fly heli you can set down anywhere you "think" you may have a problem...having said that...nothing is impossible....At this time the cost for two hour flight is about $2000.....Bummer we could have someone hike us in on there back for that cost.....It is easy for me to get there and very difficult for me to get you there....I have water all over the place out there already...I just got back from three days and believe me water was the least of my worries.....
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

Babymick,

"I have no opinions, I don't work that way"

"Hey sorry Joe but those pic's an't the end of the trail"

That sounds a lot like an opinion.

Is it your opinion that I have "bent" some things to make my map fit the Stone Map Trail? Have you seen my map, or are you using someone else's opinion? If you do believe I have bent the maps, can you tell me where I have done that?

I haven't been in the mountains since 2004 but, obviously, I am still interested in
the stories and legends.

Thank you for an interesting conversation.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

i-tsari-tsu-i wrote:Mike,

I believe 3,000' AGL is the rule for the Wilderness Area.

Good luck,

Joe
Joe:

The Altimeter of the Robinson is out of view,but I would say that you were at far less than even
2000' agl when it was taken.The terrain altitude at that location,just s/e of the Massacre Grounds is about 2900' asl.

Regards:Wayne

Despite the general rules as shown below,I have seen both fixed wing and rotary aircraft (civilian) on many occasions,transitioning or circling well below 2000' agl.,the "requested" minimum altitude (agl)

Regards:Wayne

Regarding the rules of flying over and landing on National Park lands, the
following is from the current Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM):

7-4-6. Flights Over Charted U.S. Wildlife Refuges, Parks, and Forest Service Areas

a. The landing of aircraft is prohibited on lands or waters administered by the National Park Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, or U.S. Forest Service without authorization from the respective agency. Exceptions include:

1. When forced to land due to an emergency beyond the control of the operator;

2. At officially designated landing sites; or

3. An approved official business of the Federal Government.

b. Pilots are requested to maintain a minimum altitude of 2,000 feet above the surface of the following: National Parks, Monuments, Seashores, Lakeshores, Recreation Areas and Scenic Riverways administered by the National Park Service, National Wildlife Refuges, Big Game Refuges, Game Ranges and Wildlife Ranges administered by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and Wilderness and Primitive areas administered by the U.S. Forest Service.

NOTE-
FAA Advisory Circular AC 91-36, Visual Flight Rules (VFR) Flight Near Noise‐Sensitive Areas, defines the surface of a national park area (including parks, forests, primitive areas, wilderness areas, recreational areas, national seashores, national monuments, national lakeshores, and national wildlife refuge and range areas) as: the highest terrain within 2,000 feet laterally of the route of flight, or the upper‐most rim of a canyon or valley.

c. Federal statutes prohibit certain types of flight activity and/or provide altitude restrictions over designated U.S. Wildlife Refuges, Parks, and Forest Service Areas. These designated areas, for example: Boundary Waters Canoe Wilderness Areas, Minnesota; Haleakala National Park, Hawaii; Yosemite National Park, California; and Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, are charted on Sectional Charts.

d. Federal regulations also prohibit airdrops by parachute or other means of persons, cargo, or objects from aircraft on lands administered by the three agencies without authorization from the respective agency. Exceptions include:

1. Emergencies involving the safety of human life; or

2. Threat of serious property loss.
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

If you do believe I have bent the maps, can you tell me where I have done that?

I haven't been in the mountains since 2004 but, obviously, I am still interested in
the stories and legends.

Thank you for an interesting conversation.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo[/quote]

Joe

You gave me a easy open, Cause your picture's don't match mine, your smelters are not the type for doing metal work and your core work is alittle weak like kenworthy's, Now don,t take me sadd I like some of your work and idea's, I read alot of your posts on other sites.

Your picture shows the end of the trail, Then where is start.
Why does the one have a line, then a big point, why not just draw the line to the circle like the other line.
And just what is that big old dagger pointing at.

Give me your best shot at those then I'll be a JOE fan forever!

Babymick1
treasurehntr

Post by treasurehntr »

Hey guys, If I can jump in here a sec. This seems like the best forum to ask.
Wanted: Hiking partner. I hike a lot of off trail, hunting the Jesuit Treasure.
If interested send a PM Re:Hiking to:treasurehntr@msn.com
Best, Mike ......
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

Babymick,

"Your picture shows the end of the trail, Then where is start.
Why does the one have a line, then a big point, why not just draw the line to the circle like the other line.
And just what is that big old dagger pointing at."

The trail starts at the bottom of the bent arrow. It follows the right/east side of Hieroglyphic Canyon and takes you to the loftiest ridge in that part of the range. It follows the ravine down into West Boulder Canyon, makes the exact turns at the ravine and Boulder Canyon below. It goes right through the area of Harry LaFrance and Adolph Ruth.

It makes a hard turn/east out of West Boulder and takes you to the ridge separating West and East Boulder. Two monuments were found on top of that ridge, right on the Stone Map trail. The last monument turns you north and loops around into Little Boulder. You are now entering the area of the heart on the maps, and will eventually find the heart. I laid all of this out on a topo' over forty-years ago.

The dagger points to Parker (Blow) Pass. A second, easier, trail to the heart starts there. The arrow/hilt, points to Tim's Saddle where you drop down into the top of the one (1) and start north onto the curved trail that takes you up to a saddle between West and Little Boulder Canyons. At the top of the saddle, you will find that both sides of the trail have old but modern claim markers. In a ravine on the south side of the trail, there is a very good spring. It is deep in the brush, and bees are thick.

At this point, the trail is invisible in places, covered with dirt and worn into the bedrock as you get closer to the heart. You will never see a heart as you approach the rock formation. It is only visible from the north.

Anyone who can read a topo' map, should easily be able to follow the Stone Map trail. It's where Ruth wanted to be. It was not his first trip into the Superstitions. Everything else in that story is a smokescreen. If you follow the directions that Ruth was carrying, you will see how they match the Stone Maps, and the topography.

The Stone Maps show Weaver's Needle (the triangle slash), Bluff Spring Mountain, and the back side of Black Top Mesa. They show all of the major canyons and trails from Parker Pass, over Bull Pass, down into East Boulder and the switchback over the south side of Black Top and into Needle Canyon.

At this point we have traveled over and through a trail that is rich in LDM history. Besides Ruth and LaFrance, you can see the ghosts of Ed Piper, Sims Ely and Jim Bark, Al Morrow, Maria Jones, Glen Magill, Barry Storm, Chuck and Peggy Aylor, John Dahlmann, Lake Erie Schaefer, Frank Fish, Chuck Ribaudo, Tracy Hawkins and many more.

Those still living who have traveled over this trail are,Tom Kolllenborn, Bob Corbin, Clay Worst, Ernie Provence, Jack Carlson and Elizabeth Stewart. There are others as well. As you can see, you would be in good company.

On the other hand I could, of course, be wrong. :)

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

Joe

It sounds like alot of worn out boots and alot of life times following over the same ground. I was woundering why them trails were cut so deep. But I have a whole lot of treed left on my boots.

I,ll give you one, the reason the 1 has a line then a big point if it did'nt you would never find the horse or the witch cause from the big point you can see them all trangle-lation, You need to be there to make it all work, then all the maps come alive!

Babymick1