Clay Worst to lecture on the Lost Dutchman Mine Jan. 6, 2011

Moderator: somehiker

coazon de oro
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Clay Worst to lecture on the Lost Dutchman Mine Jan. 6,

Post by coazon de oro »

Hell O Jim,

Remember me? I sure hope that Alzheimer's isn't getting the best of you. That's quite a crowd that gathered to see the Worst museum piece, or was their interest mainly the LDM history? Thanks for posting those pictures. Hope you have the same turnout when called upon.
Homar P. Olivarez
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Jim Hatt wrote:cubfan64? cubfan64?? cubfan64???

There used to be a guy here by that name... Are you still a registered member? :D
Pfft - I've been entertaining myself with the nonsense on TNet lately :p
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Oh My! :lol:

Speaking of T-Net... I saw one of the "Holy Stones" guys at the Gem & Mineral Show today. He didn't want to talk about that subject or that discussion. :?

The longer you are in this business... The more "Red Herrings" you seem to run into. :mrgreen:

Oh well... It does break the monotony of rehashing the same-o, same-o stuff that always brings you right back to... Who told the truth, and who lied?

I haven't been able to get out into the field much in the last 6-8 weeks, and Kurt is working on a project that he is being pretty tight-lip'd about. :( "Rede2roc" (Tom Allport) has been busy in the mtns, but he isn't doing much talking about his trips either. :o If it weren't for all the background talk about the "Holy Stones" lately, I would begin to think that I was falling out of the "Loop"! :lol:

The only real answers are in what you find on the other side of that next ridge.

I'll get that CD out to you as soon as your envelope arrives Paul.

Best,

Jim
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Wow! Excellent turnout.
Like Paul,I can only say that I wish that I could have been there.
As such,the fringe elements and their "alien-nazi-cia-holey stone" tales do certainly make an entertaining way to waste some free time.I'm not surprised that "holy stones" was speechless.Maybe he couldn't remember which poster he was that day.
The best stuff,though,is in the stories that folks like Jim ,Clay,Tom,and some of the others who have spent countless hours out there actually searching.
Would love to have a copy of the CD,Jim.I could pick it up next time I'm there.

Best regards:Wayne
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

coazon de oro wrote:Hell O Jim,

Remember me? I sure hope that Alzheimer's isn't getting the best of you. That's quite a crowd that gathered to see the Worst museum piece, or was their interest mainly the LDM history? Thanks for posting those pictures. Hope you have the same turnout when called upon.
Homar P. Olivarez
Hiya Homar!

Although the LDM history certainly has it's own drawing power, it gets amplified many times, when Clay steps up to the podium to tell the story. Clay's command of the English language, could take a dull story and turn it into something fascinating. When applied to a story like the LDM it becomes spellbinding.

I will probably never do a lecture myself Homar. Although Barbara (the Museum Manager) has tried to get me to sign up for the Lecture Series several times. I don't have Clay's "Flair" for story telling, and the only way I could ever draw that kind of crowd, would be with the promise to tell the story about, how and where, the LDM was found.

Since I have not found it... That pretty much leaves me out. :(

One day... Maybe... When I am too feeble to go into the mtns anymore. I will tell the story about my efforts to solve the Stone Maps, and why I am such a stern believer in their authenticity. For the present... I am not prepared for all the interest/competition, the telling of that story might bring. :?

For any of you "locals" interested... Phil Reinhardt told me yesterday, that Greg Davis will have his personal Gold Ore collection on display in the SMHS booth at the Mineral Show today.

Best,

Jim

SMHS booth at the 2011 Gem & Mineral Show

Phil Reinhardt preparing to set up the Peralta Stone Map display in the SMHS booth.

Beautiful specimens of Pyrite (Fool's Gold) on display at one of the other booths.
GeorgeW

Post by GeorgeW »

I sure wish I could have attended that lecture, I had to work that day. I'll definitely get a copy of the CD.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Sneak Preview

(The quality of this short clip is highly reduced to MP4 format for posting on the Internet)

Jim_b donated a stack of blank DVD's, so instead of sending out CD's with just Clay's 2011 lecture on it, I will be sending DVD's which will also include his 2006 lecture, and a bunch of other LDM stuff that I have collected and digitized to WMV format over the years.

Thanks Jim_b,

Best,

Jim
Turgon

Post by Turgon »

Hello all! Well I guess I will have to stand up and introduce myself as I would like to get a copy of this as well. I'm not a dutch hunter, I am just fascinated by a few lost treasure stories. The LDM and the so-called "money pit" on Oak Island (what the hell is down there?) are the ones I find the most fascinating. If I ever do get to the supers, I would like to go in for a day or two just to see the landmarks and areas that are tied to the legend. I have read several books on the subject including Corbin's Bible, both of Glover's, Blair's book and a few others not worth mentioning. I have also read Clay's piece in Fact and Fiction of the Dutchman's Lost Mine and watched the A&E show Jim has talked about.

Thanks to the participants here, I am now reading Ely's book to to get a different perspective on the events. Just started it actually. I would like to thank you all for the interesting stories and discussions you have put forth on all the various topics. It has taken a while to read through the different topics but I think I am current with the ones that interest me the most.

Jim, you can expect my letter next week.

Turgon
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Jim Hatt wrote:I did manage to videotape the entire lecture and the Q&A’s that followed. Any registered member of the DUSA forums, wishing to have a copy of the tape (transferred to a CD in MPG format) may obtain one (for the price of postage) by sending me a self addressed and stamped CD mailer envelope to:

Jim Hatt
PO box 336
Apache Junction, AZ 85117

(Please include your DUSA registered username with your request)
Today I will be going to the Post Office to mail out the last of the DVD's that have been requested so far. If you have not already received yours, it should be arriving before too long. Future requests for the DVD will still be honored for as long as the good Lord's willing... and the creek don't rise.

Jim
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Thanks Jim