Clay Worst to lecture on the Lost Dutchman Mine Jan. 6, 2011

Moderator: somehiker

Jim Hatt

Clay Worst to lecture on the Lost Dutchman Mine Jan. 6, 2011

Post by Jim Hatt »

Every year the Superstition Mountain Historical Society (SMHS) presents a FREE Lecture Series with guest speakers who share their knowledge about the "Legends and Lore of the Superstition Mountains" (and more).

The 2011 lectures will be presented every Thursday from January 6th through March 31, 2011. Opening the 2011 series will be Clay Worst telling the story about his 60+ year search for the Lost Dutchman Mine. (LDM). Few people if any, will dispute that Clay Worst is the "Ultimate Living Authority", on the subject of the LDM.

This is one lecture you won't want to miss, if you have any interest in the subject, and there is any way you can possibly attend it!

More info at:
http://www.ajnews.com/vol14/112910/pdfs ... JNW_A7.pdf
Exploration Fawcett
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Clay Worst to lecture on the Lost Dutchman Mine Jan. 6,

Post by Exploration Fawcett »

Jim:
Thank you for posting this announcement. For certain, this is one of my activities that I will engage during my break from Africa.

Very Respectfully
George
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Come by the house on your way George, and we'll ride up there together.

Best,

Jim
Guz

Post by Guz »

What would be great is for someone to record it....I'd love to see it but pretty sure I cant attend.
stewed03064

Post by stewed03064 »

I second that it would be great to hear clay lecture
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Guz wrote:What would be great is for someone to record it....I'd love to see it but pretty sure I cant attend.

As of right now, I plan on recording it Guz. I will see that you get a copy if I do.

Jim
Exploration Fawcett

Post by Exploration Fawcett »

Jim:
Great! I will pick you up on my way to the lecture.

Very Respectfully

George
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

As expected… Clay Worst’s lecture on the History of the Lost Dutchman Mine, which opened the 2011 SMHS lecture season, was a huge success... Due mostly to his telling of the legend, in a way that only someone who has lived it for 63 years could do! Other than an occasional ringing of a cell phone, (which was quickly silenced) and random gasps from the crowd. There was total silence, as the legend of the Lost Dutchman Mine came to life in a very interesting and informative presentation.

Many of the old “regulars”, were fortunate to meet some of the newest generation of Dutch-Hunters including (but not limited to) Travis Crow, (from Goodyear, AZ) Mike Williams (from Tempe, AZ) Jerry Jester (from Apache Junction?) and Thomas Allport (from Orlando, FL). I had a lot of people come up and tell me how much they enjoy following the stories posted in the DesertUSA Forums, by those of us who actually penetrate the depths of Superstition Mountains, in search of the “treasures” and lost mines which the range is believed to hold.

I did manage to videotape the entire lecture and the Q&A’s that followed. Any registered member of the DUSA forums, wishing to have a copy of the tape (transferred to a CD in MPG format) may obtain one (for the price of postage) by sending me a self addressed and stamped CD mailer envelope to:

Jim Hatt
PO box 336
Apache Junction, AZ 85117

(Please include your DUSA registered username with your request)

cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

That's great Jim - wish I could have been there as Clay wasn't able to make the Rendezvous this past October.

I'll get something sent out to you this weekend as I'd love to have a copy.

Paul
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

cubfan64? cubfan64?? cubfan64???

There used to be a guy here by that name... Are you still a registered member? :D