These dirt roads are gittin dang muddy!

Moderator: Jim_b

Sandman

These dirt roads are gittin dang muddy!

Post by Sandman »

Hmmmmmmm............ there's a river of water runnin down the dirt roads around these parts. Ya cant have too much rain in the desert can you?
LeeVW

Re: These dirt roads are gittin dang muddy!

Post by LeeVW »

Yes, I believe you CAN have too much rain in the desert. It would stop being a desert! I've been wanting to go riding again, but we're going to wait for things to dry up out there first. It's more fun when you don't get stuck in the mud! I'm very glad we're getting all this rain, as it will help the wildlife. Looking forward to another spectacular wildflower bloom in the spring!

Lee
DesertWRX
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by DesertWRX »

The non-native Saharan Mustard Weed will be going crazy with the extra rain. The native flowers in many areas will not be seen. Sad.
LeeVW

Post by LeeVW »

DesertWRX,

It is sad indeed, but at least we have folks like you out there doing something about it. I haven't encountered the Mustard Weed in the northern deserts, but I have seen non-native vegetation in former grazing sites. It does seem like a no-win situation, but it's worth it to at least try.

Lee
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Snow flurries in the high dezert 2 day. Its a good day to stoke up the woodstove and cook something warm!
LeeVW

Post by LeeVW »

Sandman,

Hope that wood stove is keeping you warm! The sun finally came out in Tustin today, so I took the opportunity to change the oil in the Rust Bugg. My buggy was looking all forelorn sitting there in the garage, but its adventures are several months in the future. An open cockpit doesn't work so well when the high temp for the day is under 50!

Lee
MMM
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by MMM »

I had 3 inches of snow last weekend and the roads were glare ice for a long ways. Even though I drive the same mountain road every day, on one turn that normally is ice free, my truck decied it wanted to slide around a bit. I know what to do in a skid so it was ok, but one person discovered himself down the side of a hill when he lost control of his truck. He was not injured, but a lot of folk just do not understand that driving on icy roads means slow down.

Mike
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Itz a winter wonderland up in the high desert. I'm down here at my place in town, snackin on homegrown kishu tangerines and enjoying the aroma of the soup thats bubbling in the crock pot. With the snow melt, the dirt roads up in the hills get kinda slushy. Caution is the driving reccomendation of the day. If anyone likes thost tiny sweet tangerines, one can get them at Parkview Nursery located on Chicago ave. in Riverside California. For directions and availability, call 951 784 6777. They grow great anywhere other types of citrus do well. Enjoy!