I Must Be A Magnet...

Brew

Re: I Must Be A Magnet...

Post by Brew »

Sandman wrote: Freedom of speech is a Constitutional right. The political statement these protesters are making was against the Bush administration's trampling of the Constitution with the kidnap and rendition of people worldwide that they suspected of having a connection to Al Quaida with no formal charges being filed against them.

While some of the people held in Guantanamo are guilty of the horrific crimes that occurred on 9/11/2001, many of the individuals held and denied habeas corpus were later released after it was discovered they were innocent.

Did former President Bush trash our Constitution and deny free citizens of the world habeas corpus? When there are no charges, no evidence presented or a fair and just trial, then justice is denied.
Denying free citizens of the world habeas corpus seems to be popular even with Obama...............
There are many news articles about this but I figured that the NY times was the left most I could find.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/11/world ... ?ref=world

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration said Friday that it would appeal a district court ruling that granted some military prisoners in Afghanistan the right to file lawsuits seeking their release. The decision signaled that the administration was not backing down in its effort to maintain the power to imprison terrorism suspects for extended periods without judicial oversight.

Brew
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Kevin wrote:No such problems here where I am at Sandman / PITD.

Peace,

Kevin
None here either.
Ken@WonderValley
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Ken@WonderValley »

Sandman wrote:Looking at this photo, Mr Klasky clearly is not stepping on the flag, nor is he part of the protest that occurred at his place of employment, San Fransisco State University.

Take a look at the photo again. Is Mr Klasky stomping on the flag? No..... All he said on the video was "let him speak". Isn't freedom of speech a Constitutional right? And for this he is branded a "Communist"?
Please Sandman. Lets hear what the people that where at the memorial have to say. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/CRpodcast/ ... an-Podcast
Allen
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Allen »

Sandman wrote:Looking at this photo, Mr Klasky clearly is not stepping on the flag, nor is he part of the protest that occurred at his place of employment, San Fransisco State University.

It appears that Mr Klasky is reading the words that were written on the flag.

Freedom of speech is a Constitutional right. The political statement these protesters are making was against the Bush administration's trampling of the Constitution with the kidnap and rendition of people worldwide that they suspected of having a connection to Al Quaida with no formal charges being filed against them.

While some of the people held in Guantanamo are guilty of the horrific crimes that occurred on 9/11/2001, many of the individuals held and denied habeas corpus were later released after it was discovered they were innocent.

What I find troublesome is the intentional campaign of malicious libel and slander waged by some individuals. If they are outraged at the content of the protest and wish to express their feelings against the men in orange jumpsuits, it is their right to do so but to twist this event into something that is is not is clearly a campaign of hate and retaliation against Mr Klasky for taking a stand against the lawless behavior of illegal oHV riders. Protecting private property from unauthorized OHv trespass is about as far from communism as you can get. In reality, it is the illegal OHV users siezure of private property for public use that smacks of communism.

Take a look at the photo again. Is Mr Klasky stomping on the flag? No..... All he said on the video was "let him speak". Isn't freedom of speech a Constitutional right? And for this he is branded a "Communist"?

Did former President Bush trash our Constitution and deny free citizens of the world habeas corpus? When there are no charges, no evidence presented or a fair and just trial, then justice is denied. Water boarding is torture and that is a fact. That is what the REAL issue is. The United States of America has long been a beacon of hope and justice in the world promoting human rights and freedoms......or at least it was until the Bush Administration started kidnapping people, holding them in secret detention facilities on foreign soil and using torture techniques like water boarding, sleep deprivation and intense sound exposure.

Ken Piel and his associates own Phil Klasky and apology in my opinion. Clearly, their campaign of hate is in direct retaliation for Mr Klasky's voice of reason to encourage responsible OHV use in appropriate legal venues. Our rural residential neighborhoods are not OHV tracks any more that the surbuban streets of Orange county where Mr Piel resides.

Off Topic, clicked Exclamation.
You're all over the map here Sandman. Klasky, freedom of speech, Habeas Corpus to OHV Abuse and trespass. I support you're positions on trespass, but have no idea how you got onto the Constitution from where PITD started.