JIM HATT

Moderator: somehiker

DESERTGOLD
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

JIM HATT

Post by DESERTGOLD »

I was saddened to hear about Jim Hatt's passing on Wednesday, October 12, 2011. We were friends for almost twenty years. We made numerous trips into the mountains over the past couple of decades. I always admired Jim's dedication, determination and tenacity for something he believe in. I will never forget the joy he expressed when I found him a special copy of the "Latin Heart." He was truly one of "Coronado's Children". May his soul rest in peace. Tom Kollenborn
silent hunter

Re: JIM HATT

Post by silent hunter »

Tom.......Jim alway's told me that you where a great man. He was very specific about his final resting place...Maybe you can help me get him there. I never paid much mind to Doris other than the respect for her becuase she was Jims girl...I don't know how to get my hands on his remains,maybe you can help.

Kurt Painter
gollum

Post by gollum »

I have just gotten over a week in bed sick to find this out.

I am so sad to hear of Jim's passing. I don't really have the words right now.

Mike
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

I am hiking to Jims camp in the morning..........Words are not worth using for me to say how sad this makes me!

Best Kurt
DESERTGOLD

Post by DESERTGOLD »

Kurt: I will check on what you asked and see what I can do. Tom K.
DESERTGOLD

Post by DESERTGOLD »

Kurt: Are you going to the camp off Tortilla Creek or the one near the top of Tortilla Mountain?
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

We'll sorry to here of Jim's passing, I,m one of the last to chat with him on this forum. He seamed to be a well put together kindda guy topped off with old school charm. Best wishes to all who new him, take time to reflect and remember and heal.

BABYMICK1

PS. Silent Hunter

A place and a face in a photograph
Frozen in time, Jim will always be with you
gollum

Post by gollum »

DESERTGOLD wrote:I was saddened to hear about Jim Hatt's passing on Wednesday, October 12, 2011. We were friends for almost twenty years. We made numerous trips into the mountains over the past couple of decades. I always admired Jim's dedication, determination and tenacity for something he believe in. I will never forget the joy he expressed when I found him a special copy of the "Latin Heart." He was truly one of "Coronado's Children". May his soul rest in peace. Tom Kollenborn
Tom,

While we have never met, you were the reason Jim and I met and got to be friends.

On either the "Green" or "Brown" LDM Forum (not certain which), a discussion was going on. I don't remember the exact topic, but I know the basis was the Stone Maps. I had just broadsided someone for catching them in some blatant lies and threats, and welcomed them to a personal meeting so they could prove the bravery in person they showed on the internet. I guess Jim liked that quality in me, because when some people started making derogatory statements about you, he contacted me privately. He wasn't posting there because someone had murdered his burro after an argument. He asked me to relay some statements on your behalf which I gladly did once I knew he was who he said he was. That began several years of information sharing and a long distance friendship. My biggest regret is that I always let life get in the way of coming to AZ and spending more time with him in the mountains.

Best Wishes,

Mike McChesney

PS

After a little searching Tom, I found the incident occurred on the "Green" LDM Forum:

http://www.thelostdutchmangoldmine.com/ ... ?f=1&t=867

........ and after rereading his email to me, I saw that he not only lost his burro in that manner, but a dog as well.

Best Wishes-Mike McChesney
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Tom, the camp at Tortilla Ranch. Do you think you will do a story on Jim?
DESERTGOLD

Post by DESERTGOLD »

Kurt: Yes, I plan on doing a column on Jim. It probably won't be until after Christmas sometime. It is very difficult to write stories on old friends. Jim and I had our differences, however we both respected each other. Jim occasionally pulled my leg. Jim had propensity to inject unusual things into a discussion to see if he could get a rise out of somebody, if you know what I mean. He often did this with gold samples, maps or other things. Tom K.