Why didn't Waltz file a claim?

Moderator: Jim_b

AshtonPage
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Why didn't Waltz file a claim?

Post by AshtonPage »

Hi Guys,

Good to hear from y'all and thanks for the well-wishes.

BabyMick - I believe that Waltz continued to search for the source of the cache. Hence, he knew that he would be returning to the Superstitions anyway - and what better place to put a cache than in hostile territory? Especially if you're going to be coming back to search.

At first, the cache-only version just didn't sit right with me either..... but, why didn't Waltz file a claim as he had on his other mines? Why didn't Waltz have bucket-loads of money? As always, I'm not saying that I'm right - I'm just saying this is just the conclusion I have come to from what I have seen and from the information that I believe to be true (not all of which can be shared, but that's almost a given for all of us). The cache-only version does answer some of the nagging questions (see above). Remember, Waltz was not going with Julia and Rhiney to enter the mine, only to retrieve the cache(s) - and that was the starting point for my thinking along this line. Then other things started to line up to the point where I now believe the mine was also "lost" to Old Jake as well as the rest of us.

I also believe the Peralta's & Gonzales' marked the trails to the mines so the workers could find them. I believe some of those markers still exist. If I was to search for the mine(s) - I would start looking for recurring abnormalities in the rocks. Again, just my opinion.

Best to all,
Ashton
Hooch

Post by Hooch »

AshtonPage wrote:An analogy to your question would be, ‘where are all the paychecks from your years of working?’ Obviously, you spent it. Best,
Ashton

Paperless pay I have copies :)
oroblanco wrote:
Hooch if you would do some research on the Lost Dutchman mine, you might be surprised at what you find. Yes there is a lot of BS in circulation but try to stick to the sources closest in time (and relationship) to Jacob Waltz, this will avoid most of the baloney.

Oroblanco
Trust me I've researched for years. I'd be willing to bet the Dutchman was a better BS'er than a miner. And was smart enough to set Brownies dad on a wild goose chase. Like he wouldn't have known the guy at his death bed was the same kid he stuck a shotgun into the gut of when he followed him out to the desert. Only thing the Dutchman ever had was a cache from somebody else's hard work.
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Mostly it's the ones who say "trust me", that lead you the furthest astray.
And it's easy to make an anonymous bet, isn't it ?