9TH. ANNUAL DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

Moderator: Jim_b

LDMGOLD
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: 9TH. ANNUAL DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

Post by LDMGOLD »

From TNet:

The Don's Camp gate will be open Thursday afternoon, October 24th. for early arrivals. I will probably pick up a bucket of K-Fried. If anyone else wants to bring something, feel free to do so.

I will have stew and garlic toast made for around fifty people for Fri. night.......first come first serve until we run out. Probably start around 5-6:00. Wayne will make chili for Sat. night, same program. Donations will be welcome. We have been informed that SSAR BBQ Wagon will not be coming.

You should have your own food for all other meals. I don't know if anyone is bringing a BBQ, so if you plan on doing that it would be nice to have it announced here. Water, ice and firewood are usually needed.

If someone would post this message over on DUSA, as I am no longer allowed on that site, I would appreciate it. Believe there are some members who will be attending the Rendezvous.

Carolyn and I will arrive early evening on Thursday the 24th.

If needed, e-mail me at havasho@frontiernet.net
gollum

Post by gollum »

cliffsatsunset.jpg
silent hunter wrote:A few members of Double-Jack will be showing up Saturday, I hope Joe is going to be there Saturday, Badger, Looney and I have talked allot about who we want to say hello to and Joe is on top of the list....Joe, Double-Jack wants to have a go at your directions. Badger and I will talk to you at the Camp.....There will only be 5 or 6 of us from the crew out there. (We are coming to listen to your stories). Double-Jack members will not discuss any on going works... There may be a person or two who may try to start problems with members of Double-Jack. We ask that if any of you have a problem with me or my crew to leave it home..We avoid large crowds because of threats we receive constantly from the forums, that is why we don't often post on the main pages...We have a facebook page one is open the other locked to members and friends only...
Please let us have a Great time out there...

Thanks Double-Jack
Kurt Painter

Don't worry Kurt! I will drive out Friday night and stay till Saturday night. While I'm there, nobody will will mess with you. LOL

Hell, I was just out there last Thursday. Here are the cliffs at sunset "BEAUTIFUL!"

Best - Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Mike, We will see you out there...Thanks for the offer, I was a bit more worried about the other guy, but we will take all the help we can get LOL....See you there Mike we may show up for a few Friday night for a few if you are going to be there?

Double-Jack
Kurt Painter
Gregory E. Davis

Post by Gregory E. Davis »

Hello all: Just another reminder that no pets are allowed in the Ramada's. See you at the Rendezvous. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Gregory E. Davis

Post by Gregory E. Davis »

Good afternoon: This question may be a bit out of place however, does anybody know why I get the following phrase on some of the posts?, " You do not have permission to view the files attached to this post". Also, how do I remedy the problem? Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Hi Greg:
Usually, it's because the poster has not used a photo-hosting site such as Photobucket or Image Shack.
For some reason, the "upload attachment" area below the "post a reply" window does not seem to display the photo so that we can see it.
Can you see Mike's photo at the bottom of his post ?

Regards:Wayne

PS: see you this weekend.
gollum

Post by gollum »

Hey Greg,

I had the same problem posting the pics of the cliffs at sunset. Very frustrating. Use a free image hosting site like Imageshack, and link to it, then the problem will go away.

Hey Kurt,

I am going to leave Los Angeles on Friday evening, and get to camp sometime in the wee hours. Hopefully enough time to get a few hours sleep, before making the rounds on Saturday. I plan on leaving sometime Saturday night, maybe Sunday Morning.

I have to say that I think Jim has been haunting my dreams of late. I have never desired to delve into REALLY solving the Stone Maps, since I have so much on my plate nearer to home. The last week or so, they have constantly been on my mind. Couple of new ideas that came out of nowhere, all wind up near Tortilla Mt. Sound like Jim has something to do with it? LOL That's why I went out there last Thursday. Funny thing happened at the intersection of Apache Trail and Fish Creek (funny for everyone else, but painful for me). I will tell you about it at the rendezvous.

Everyone Else,

Anyone that has ever threatened me, or wanted to step up to the plate. I have already stated when I will be there. You cant miss me 6'4" 285lbs with a shaved head and goatee. If ya wanna make nice, I will gladly accommodate you. If you wanna get something out of your system, I can help you with that as well. LOL

Here's me:

Looking forward to seeing everybody!

Best - Mike
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

silent hunter wrote:Mike, We will see you out there...Thanks for the offer, I was a bit more worried about the other guy, but we will take all the help we can get LOL....See you there Mike we may show up for a few Friday night for a few if you are going to be there?

Double-Jack
Kurt Painter

Kurt & Mike

Who's this other guy that got you two up in arms, If you need me to come down there and kick a mud puddle in his dairy air and stomp it dry Dakota style, Let me know. :lol:

Well you boys place nice now Babymick1
Matthew Roberts

Post by Matthew Roberts »

Gregory E. Davis wrote:Good afternoon: This question may be a bit out of place however, does anybody know why I get the following phrase on some of the posts?, " You do not have permission to view the files attached to this post". Also, how do I remedy the problem? Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Greg,

The best way to get the the permission is to contact the website master or moderator and have them adjust your settings. DUSA has a website problem where the DUSA contacts are not installed correctly also. I don't see that anyone is addressing either problem. Using Photobucket and other Image storing sites doesn't always work and has a serious flaw. If you post photos from your Photobucket account, anyone can double click on the posted photos and scroll through every album and every photo in every one of your albums you have stored on Photobucket.

Matthew
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Matthew Roberts wrote:
Gregory E. Davis wrote:Good afternoon: This question may be a bit out of place however, does anybody know why I get the following phrase on some of the posts?, " You do not have permission to view the files attached to this post". Also, how do I remedy the problem? Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Greg,

The best way to get the the permission is to contact the website master or moderator and have them adjust your settings. DUSA has a website problem where the DUSA contacts are not installed correctly also. I don't see that anyone is addressing either problem. Using Photobucket and other Image storing sites doesn't always work and has a serious flaw. If you post photos from your Photobucket account, anyone can double click on the posted photos and scroll through every album and every photo in every one of your albums you have stored on Photobucket.

Matthew
Kraig,

That's true unless you password protect your photo albums in Photobucket. I haven't checked for awhile, but I believe if you do that, the only photos that people can see are the public ones. I may be incorrect now, but that's the way it used to work.