The falsehoods of Ryan, Tumlinson's and the SOJ

Moderator: Jim_b

Matthew Roberts
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: The falsehoods of Ryan, Tumlinson's and the SOJ

Post by Matthew Roberts »

somehiker,

It seems most people interested in the Peralta Stone Map story are somewhat familiar with Travis Tumlinson's relationships with his uncle Robert, and relationships that developed between Travis and-or Robert and people like Bob Garman, Doc Rosecrans, the Davis brothers, etc...........

But in my 30 years of researching I came to realize the real story is with not only Clarence Mitchell and Travis, but Travis's family the Leasman's and the Salles. The Leasman's were Travis's mother's family and the Salles were Alleen Tumlinson's family. Wilbur and Phillip Leaseman played significant roles. Charles Salles visited with Clarence Mitchell after the Life Magazine Article and Mitchell's Superstition Treasures book was published. This was after both Travis and Alleen Tumlinson had died. The story of their visit and what transpired would make for very interesting reading.

Travis Tumlinson's manuscript/book Challenge of Superstitions is a very good read, certainly not misleading in any way but throws little light on the Stone Map issues. It almost seems Travis didn't intend it as a final work but rather the beginning of a much longer story yet to be written. Almost like the Forward of a longer work or a book in the planning.

If RMG knew the copies of Travis’s manuscript and other things that are outside the family it might bring on heart failure. Clarence Mitchell kept his silence for many years out of respect for the wishes of Alleen and Travis Tumlinson. He is still paying for that kindness to this day. How when and where Mitchell received the things he did from Travis, (and Alleen) is a story I have come to believe that not even the present Tumlinson family has any idea. So much of the real story is not being told. Like how did the Feltners feel about taking Travis and Alleen's daughter after Alleen died. And who was it that came to the aid of Nancy Salles (Alleen's mother) after Travis and Alleen were gone.

The tactic of calling everyone who doesn’t fit into the “New” version a liar, crook, swindler and scammer just makes the Tumlinson’s look foolish and can easily be dis-proven by letters and correspondence that are not under their control.

Whoever is advising RMG and the Tumlinson’s to use this tactic is really not doing them any favors. And it’s sad because the Tumlinson’s have such a GREAT story to tell and should just go ahead and tell it. With some good PR there’s no telling how far their story might go. There will always be believers and naysayers no matter what you do. Just tell the story ! It might even be the birth of a whole new generation of treasure hunters.

Matthew Roberts
Last edited by Matthew Roberts on Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

Chotto

I'm 100 percent sure It woun't,
Plus a 100 more, what ever fabricated proof he has I'll personally
Discredit it.

Babymick1
Choto

Post by Choto »

Who can be 100% sure of anything?

Anyway, I was writing about the Tumlinsons and the SOJ.
Your allegations of falsehoods seems misplaced or wider than it should be.

In fairness.
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

Well RG say's he's working with them so close there like family.
And his Voice is like the View. Never seen someone back peddle as much as he.

So I don't think I'm being to unfair on the title,

And as I said he more then welcome to post here with out malice.

Babymick1
Joe Ribaudo

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

In this particular instance, I believe everyone should pay close attention to what Matthew Roberts is writing. As I have said many times before, he does know what he is talking about. Ryan has only been at this a short time and is only getting one side of the story.

A number of us have close sources in the Society Of Jesus. If he is trying to pull the wool over our eyes, it won't be that difficult to learn the truth of the matter.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo
Choto

Post by Choto »

babymick1 wrote:Well RG say's he's working with them so close there like family.
And his Voice is like the View. Never seen someone back peddle as much as he.

So I don't think I'm being to unfair on the title,

And as I said he more then welcome to post here with out malice.

Babymick1
With maturity comes an appreciation for opposing views and constructive criticism.

Just an unfortunate situation.
ponchosportal

Post by ponchosportal »

The "rest " of the story is obviously driving RG to scuttle views not supporting his current/own.

Nobody likes to be used or manipulated; there are few here he has not contacted fishing for anything he might use.

And many have been publicly assaulted (remembering RGs post about Matthew which he removed) and many others (Joe, Sarge, etc.).

I would only like to thank all of those who continue to give of their own knowledge, research, and experience. I can't wait to hear your perspectives when the "really Big Shoe" airs.

Thanks again for giving freely,
Poncho
jhowlett

Post by jhowlett »

Wayn I think Ryan probably means well. But like all Family's the present day Tumlinson's want to believe that they certainly know everything there is to know about their treasure hunting relative, but the fact is as with all family's we probably do not know a lot about are relatives and their day to day activities and who they hung around with. Like some of us we do not tell everything about the LDM or our most recent trips to are own family's about the Super's, because they get bored because they do not have or want to have all the facts on what we are doing it sometimes hurts us so we just try not to talk about it, so we spare them and ourselves. From the post in Travis's own words it was both sad and painfully evident, that his hunt was apart from family and there probably were many day to day things he never told them. The present day Tumliinson's while trying to be helpful, and want to feel and be included may be sharing Ideas about Travis that are very important, others in fact maybe assumptions that they believe to be the case but in fact are not. I'm sure that soon the site will be discovered and then the work of trying to put the pieces together will begin. The thing is that even then we will not know 100 %. Then Sherlock Holmes can help to put the pieces together Can you imagine the back and forth on who did what, why when and how. the posts will be epic. Jeff
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Matthew Roberts wrote:somehiker,

It seems most people interested in the Peralta Stone Map story are somewhat familiar with Travis Tumlinson's relationships with his uncle Robert, and relationships that developed between Travis and-or Robert and people like Bob Garman, Doc Rosecrans, the Davis brothers, etc...........

But in my 30 years of researching I came to realize the real story is with not only Clarence Mitchell and Travis, but Travis's family the Leasman's and the Salles. The Leasman's were Travis's mother's family and the Salles were Alleen Tumlinson's family. Wilbur and Phillip Leaseman played significant roles. Charles Salles visited with Clarence Mitchell after the Life Magazine Article and Mitchell's Superstition Treasures book was published. This was after both Travis and Alleen Tumlinson had died. The story of their visit and what transpired would make for very interesting reading.

Travis Tumlinson's manuscript/book Challenge of Superstitions is a very good read, certainly not misleading in any way but throws little light on the Stone Map issues. It almost seems Travis didn't intend it as a final work but rather the beginning of a much longer story yet to be written. Almost like the Forward of a longer work or a book in the planning.

If RMG knew the copies of Travis’s manuscript and other things that are outside the family it might bring on heart failure. Clarence Mitchell kept his silence for many years out of respect for the wishes of Alleen and Travis Tumlinson. He is still paying for that kindness to this day. How when and where Mitchell received the things he did from Travis, (and Alleen) is a story I have come to believe that not even the present Tumlinson family has any idea. So much of the real story is not being told. Like how did the Feltners feel about taking Travis and Alleen's daughter after Alleen died. And who was it that came to the aid of Nancy Salles (Alleen's mother) after Travis and Alleen were gone.

The tactic of calling everyone who doesn’t fit into the “New” version a liar, crook, swindler and scammer just makes the Tumlinson’s look foolish and can easily be dis-proven by letters and correspondence that are not under their control.

Whoever is advising RMG and the Tumlinson’s to use this tactic is really not doing them any favors. And it’s sad because the Tumlinson’s have such a GREAT story to tell and should just go ahead and tell it. With some good PR there’s no telling how far their story might go. There will always be believers and naysayers no matter what you do. Just tell the story ! It might even be the birth of a whole new generation of treasure hunters.

Matthew Roberts
I'm hoping more of what you speak of becomes available in the future, but even though I've only been interested in the story since late 2010-early 2011, I gather those first publications and widespread interest in the stone maps led to a rapid circling of the wagons by those associated with TT and Mitchell, and that state of affairs continues to a great extent, even today. That those you mention, and others since then, have shared partial accounts of what they knew, yet didn't and would never share all of it for various reasons. The present course of RG and his helpers might give good reason for bringing more of this old history forward.

Regards:SH.
Choto

Post by Choto »

OMG...
"Petulant".

Talk about bringing it forward.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.