Hello from Artemisia!

shining sun
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Hello from Artemisia!

Post by shining sun »

Hi desert friends!
I used to post as Artemisia but somehow accidentally became Shining Sun, which was my former user ID???? I'm sure I goofed somewhere when the big change-over happened!
I never got to go on a trip south this year. Been very sick and not getting better yet. Life now shuttles between work, doctors, and the occasional hospital.
However, I haven't forgotten the desert and plan to make the run next year if possible.
Warm desert breezes to you all!
Artemisia/SS
Goldseeker

Re: Hello from Artemisia!

Post by Goldseeker »

Hi Sun. I hope all goes well for you, dont like to hear of bad things happenning to folks. Prayers for you. Take care of yourself.
Kathy

Post by Kathy »

Well welcome back!I am new to the website but hope to get to know you.Hope you will be well enough to come to the desert this
winter.Will put you in my prayers.Kathy
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Welcome to the site Shining Sun, hope you get down here soon. If you need any questions answered just yell.

Don....
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

You know after posting above I do remember you old Screen name from the old message board.

Don....
shining sun

Post by shining sun »

Thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts. I appreciate it so much!!! Any of you familiar with Valley Fever? It is a fungus endemic to the SW, and it is one of the things I'm being tested for. Respiratory things are scary, I keep getting pneumonia, lungs are full of lesions, nodules and cavities, and half the lung function is gone. Not good for hiking. Other possibilities are autoimmune disease(I've had RA for years) or the big C(former smoker, quit 5 years ago in August). Maybe I just need some good desert air!
I'm hanging in there, there is life to be lived and appreciated, and hopefully deserts to be explored soon!
Artemisia/Sun
Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker »

The desert air might be just what you need. Remember, after WW1 they sent soldiers here who had been gassed, hoping for improvement, and many recovered. Miight just be the ticket for you.
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

shinning sun: Valley fever also has another name, (can't think of it) and it's possible that's the problem, if it were cancer it's very easily detectable by blood tests and ex-ray today. Also have them check out your Thyroid.

Good luck with it.

Don....
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Desert Cruiser wrote:shinning sun: Valley fever also has another name, (can't think of it)
Don....
The word is: Coccidioidomycosis

You can learn about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_Fever
Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker »

And even if thats not the word, who would ever know? :lol: