SHADOWS IN THE MOUNTAINS

Moderator: Jim_b

i-tsarl-tsu- i
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: SHADOWS IN THE MOUNTAINS

Post by i-tsarl-tsu- i »

Jim,

"No, I have never met Ron Eagle. Although I have heard his name repeatedly since the day I arrived in Apache Junction in 1989. I believe he authored the book "West of Dawn"? It is a great read, and testifies to his time on the trail!"

I believe that's the second time you have mentioned "West of Dawn". The author of that book is a man by the name of Hugh d' Autremont. He has a short section in that book about his association with Barry Storm and the Superstition Mountains. He wrote the book in 1971 and made his trip into the Superstitions around 1937-1938. I don't believe he ever went back.

You can find an article about Ron Eagle, by Tom Kollenborn, here: http://www.ajpl.org/aj/superstition/sto ... 0Eagle.pdf

Ron's real name was Ronald A. Rousseau. He used the name, Ron Eagle de Andre II, which may have been part of your confusion. Ron first came to the Superstitions around 1974. By 1989 he was a well known, and liked, Dutch Hunter. As far as I know, his word was good and he never crossed a partner.

Joe Ribaudo
djui5
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by djui5 »

Nice link Joe, thanks for sharing it.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

i-tsarl-tsu- i wrote:Jim,

Ron's real name was Ronald A. Rousseau. He used the name, Ron Eagle de Andre II, which may have been part of your confusion.
Ron first came to the Superstitions around 1974. By 1989 he was a well known, and liked, Dutch Hunter. As far as I know, his word was good and he never crossed a partner.

Joe Ribaudo
You could be right Joe,
I don't recall where I originally associated Ron's name with that book. I am sure it was many years ago, and it is ingrained so deeply now that it will be hard to erase from my mind.

Thanks for the clarification,

Jim