It's All About Attitude And Your Choices

Allen
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: It's All About Attitude And Your Choices

Post by Allen »

Sandman wrote:PITD,

This thread you initiated has so much to say. In my line of work I have seen the power of positive energy work to promote healing time and time again. In 2000, I went through a year of chemotherapy treatments and have been in remission every since. The glass is always half full and there is always something new to enjoy just over the ridge in the next valley. Life is a gift.....that's why we call it the present!

I didn't know that Sandman. I pray that you remain in remission! A serious comment to you there, so please don't spin it.
I lost my mother many years ago to Pancreatic Cancer and it was a tough road for all of us.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Same here. Hope everything is coming up as a clean bill of health for you, Sandman. We trade insults and accusations here and there, but this is serious. I hope it all goes well in your continued good health.
Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker »

Same here. I will remember you in my prayers.
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

[quote="Dan"]. Otherwise, after trading posts with Sal, S@ndman, and EZRider, a guy could really be ready to fling himself off a tall building, there's so much cynicism and acrimony.

That cynicism and acrimony can be shared by some of those on both sides of the issues being discussed here Dan, not just those you mentioned above.

I do admit, in a way, there is a small level of catharcism in handing them back a bucketload of opposition. But mostly, the reason I'm here is that if no one sticks up for the OHV recreationist, we simply get run into the ground politically. That's not a lot of fun.

Sticking-up for the OHV recreationist is fine, but then there are others who share different beliefs and stick-up for them. Now if both sides were to "stick-up" in a more calmer, a more rational tone, leaving off the name calling and implied threats, there could be some great discussions here.

So next time you or anyone else wishes to tear someones head off with their keyboard, think of John.
Plays In The Dirt

Sandman wrote:PITD,

In 2000, I went through a year of chemotherapy treatments and have been in remission every since.

Fantastic! I went through a much lesser form of cancer treatment around the same time (radiation), the pain of what I was going through was the worst I've ever had. The positive side of this daily long drive to Las Vegas and treatment was the absolutely beautiful tech that administered the treatment. She was not only beautiful on the outside, but inside as well.

The glass is always half full and there is always something new to enjoy just over the ridge in the next valley. Life is a gift.....that's why we call it the present!
For as long as I can remember I've been a negative person. Partly due to the people I hung around with back then, and partly due to a previous career I had. Although as I've gotten older I've mellowed some but still find myself thinking negatively at times. The story of John really hit home. I intend to print it out and read it everyday.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Ok. Here's the deal, lest we fall into a cesspool of sympathy:

Sandman is past his ordeal. Feeling sorry for him is real, but only goes so far. If he's just looking for sympathy so he can make current political points, then screw him. I feel sorry for his fight, but lots of people go through the same thing, and many of them are OHV users.

PITD: Was that last post intended toward me? Because I've made a concerted effort to avoid name-calling except when it's deserved. And sometimes it IS deserved. Sometimes, it requires people who think beyond their own personal advantage in order to preserve freedom. If it were not for them, we would have no freedom any longer. I don't much care what Sandman, Sal, and EZRider think of me. I'm preserving a little slice of freedom, even at the cost of the tender sensibilities of people like Mark Heuston, who is too easily bothered anyway. Freedom isn't free. I have paid the price for over three decades, and I'm tired of being the sugar daddy for their political whims. These people are whiners and complainers, and they expend way too much of our law enforcement agencies' time on their wild goose chases. They expend way too much of society's resources chasing down minor annoyances. They divert the attention of serious law enforcement toward fabricated problems, created in order to make their minor localized problems seem like huge nationwide catastrophes. I'm not buying it, nor are the American people. We have had a belly full of these assholes, and they are stepping way out of bounds in order to "control" what they have no business controlling.

People in this country have to put up with annoyances way beyond that of these nonsense peddlers in Wonder Valley. They don't know what a real annoyance really is. They are like the poor little rich kid who complains that his $4000 a month allowance isn't enough to buy his Ferrari. What a shame. So, the kid down the street rides his KX125 past your house once or twice a day X 5 days a week after school lets out. What a huge problem to have! These people want our entire society to drop what it's doing to tend to their hangnail little problem.

Our nation wasn't built on whiners like these. It has not been protected on whiners like these. It won't be preserved on whiners like these. Deal with the problems in your own life, quit expecting law enforcement, code enforcement, or any other governmental agency to handle your problems, and you'll be fine. But even if our society has many people who can't deal with things on their own, doesn't mean public policy should be dictated by the likes of them. (Not aimed at you, PITD)

If you live in the high desert, and don't like OHVs, grow a spine. Either deal with the lawless as an entity on their own, or leave it alone. Because the rest of us are sick and tired of paying the price of your hyper-sensitive enviro-friendly bullshit. The desert is NOT a fragile environment. It's among the most inhospitable places on the face of the earth, and it doesn't have much to destroy, nor does it have much to replace. Species there are among the most well-adapted and hardy in the world, and an OHV or two doesn't amount to a hill of beans to them.

Stop pretending your opposition is based upon grievances of legitimate homeowners, and step out and be a man, and admit you are a radical enviro who really only wants to control someone else's mostly benign activities. You lose all credibility when someone else has to do it for you.

Yes, it's all about choices, and those who continuously rail against OHV use are simply making a choice about what their own personal activity choices are, not furthering an altruistic agenda. Your leadership is defunct of moral authority, as their primary mission has become one of fund raising the almighty dollar to support their political crusade.

Don't wag the finger at me, because I'm not doing anything illegal, anything to harm a sensitive area, sensitive species, or annoy any homeowners. Pretending the contrary is just adding more evidence to the pile that you and your friends in Wonder Valley are nothing more than a bunch of posers.

Sandman, this applies to you, too. Quit playing the martyr, and stop manifesting your paranoid schizophrenia, and pretending you are the one singular person every OHV owner hates. We don't even know who the hell you are, never mind targeting you for retaliation.

EZ, your cynical nonsense is legendary now on DUSA, and everyone seems to recognize it but you. What a putz.

And Sal, you're simply a nut with far too much time on his hands, reading the wrong commentaries, and spending way too much time with nothing but his own thoughts. Sorry, but you three are nothing but a band of merry over-zealous idiots with a twisted view of reality.

PITD is right. Not only DUSA, and your outlook on OHVs a matter that's all about your attitude and your choices, but that's what life is all about. Live with it, or be miserable. I don't really care. I've got enough to do keeping track of my own life. I guess you will now have to keep track of yours.
Plays In The Dirt

[quote="Dan"]Ok.
PITD: Was that last post intended toward me?

That last post was for You - Me, and anyone else who posts here. It was a blanket statement.

Because I've made a concerted effort to avoid name-calling except when it's deserved.
And sometimes it IS deserved.

I agree with you on this point, except when you felt the need to say you had a belly full of these "a$$holes.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Good morning and thanks to all who shared words of kindness. My experiences in life have given me a unique perspective, especially in my chosen profession. For me, it's not a job, it's what I do in life. I can say this.....when faced with illness, we have a choice to either stand up and deal with it or give up. People dealing with illness not only face depression, they have to deal with being disabled and the financial impacts. Think about it. No Job, no healthcare benefits, too sick to work......yer screwed. I found myself disabled and in between treatments, a friend let me use their small home down in the Florida Keys to recover. I swear that the relaxation in a stress free environment with clean air and sunshine surrounded by some good loving friends and family is what really knocked the crap out of that nasty illness I dealt with in 1999. It's been 10 years of remission now. The Dr sex the word "cure" but in the back of my mind, I'm not so sure.

Anyway, my message to everyone today is to go out and make this planet a little better place today. Practice random acts of kindness and remember.......mean people are a bummer!

I'm off to do what I do now. Have a good day everyone here at DUSA!
Allen
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Allen »

Sandman wrote:Good morning and thanks to all who shared words of kindness. My experiences in life have given me a unique perspective, especially in my chosen profession. For me, it's not a job, it's what I do in life. I can say this.....when faced with illness, we have a choice to either stand up and deal with it or give up. People dealing with illness not only face depression, they have to deal with being disabled and the financial impacts. Think about it. No Job, no healthcare benefits, too sick to work......yer screwed. I found myself disabled and in between treatments, a friend let me use their small home down in the Florida Keys to recover. I swear that the relaxation in a stress free environment with clean air and sunshine surrounded by some good loving friends and family is what really knocked the crap out of that nasty illness I dealt with in 1999. It's been 10 years of remission now. The Dr sex the word "cure" but in the back of my mind, I'm not so sure.

Anyway, my message to everyone today is to go out and make this planet a little better place today. Practice random acts of kindness and remember.......mean people are a bummer!

I'm off to do what I do now. Have a good day everyone here at DUSA!
Sandman,
While you and I will probably never be friends and we definitely don't see eye to eye on most of what has been discussed here, I think that was a very good post you just made. I would be happy to see more of that type of post but understand that we have a huge gap between us which is probably a result of our desire to be the winner of every debate. There are probably a myriad of reasons for you to dislike me but I don't ever wish bad things for you. I would just be satisfied if you stop trying to put words in my mouth or that of others and stop thinking you have me and others all figured out. I have never lied to you and never will, since I have nothing to gain from it. There is a lot of hate in this world and there are many reasons for it, but I can honestly say, I don't hate anybody. To me, the word hate means that one would be satisfied to see anybody that the hated person loves or cares for, suffer just so it causes that person any amount of anguish. I am not that type of person even though I know I am hated by many hundreds of people I have dealt with over the term of my career. In spite of that, I kept going to work and doing my job and seriously felt I was making positive changes for many. It's so good to be retired now!
Have a good Easter everybody!
Dan

Post by Dan »

Happy Easter, Allen. Happy Easter, everyone!