WOW! What Snow!

Plays In The Dirt

WOW! What Snow!

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

It started slowly last night around 6 PM, and It quickly became worse with visibility around 40 feet. I was at work as I'm working night shifts now and it was snowing so hard on the mountain, and the visibility was so bad, that they shut us down right where we were. Driving 150 ton haul trucks with a 900 foot drop to the bottom of the pit we were working above is not safe in this kind of weather. I went home and went to bed, woke-up a little while ago and it's still snowing heavily, so much so that it's a whiteout. The snow is piled-up high around the 5th wheel, and the temperature is at 20 degrees. I start my (3) days off today and was going to go to Austin about 75 miles from here but that's out of the question. UNREAL!

One good thing is that they're predicting around 70 degree temperatures by Sunday so this should melt rather quickly.

I spoke to my wife back home in southern Nevada this morning and she said that the wind had blown so hard that it had moved our very heavy Bar-B-Que across the porch.

So how's the weather in your neck of the woods?
SteveS
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: WOW! What Snow!

Post by SteveS »

I’m in coastal So Cal. and this morning the temps seem unseasonably cool, the sun is out and not a cloud in sight. :)
Last edited by SteveS on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plays In The Dirt

SteveS wrote:I’m in coastal So Cal. and this morning the temps seem unseasonably cool, the sun is out and not a cloud in sight. :)

I have a Austin NV Q for you, can you email me when you get time?
belowhill@yahoo.com
Well I have the time, I'm snowed-in (kind of). :) I just sent you an email so you now have my email address.
reptilist
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by reptilist »

Cool, cloudy, tsk tsk...looks like rain!
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Sunny and cool, winds out of the north. I've got a few days off and I'm hitting the road again. I love it this time of year. If you get tired of the weather, just wait a day!

Forcasts predict a warming trend through the weekend here in the California deserts.
Plays In The Dirt

Sandman wrote:Sunny and cool, winds out of the north. I've got a few days off and I'm hitting the road again. I love it this time of year. If you get tired of the weather, just wait a day!

Forcasts predict a warming trend through the weekend here in the California deserts.
Have a great time Sandman, where are ya headed this time?
Plays In The Dirt

A Photo Shot 15 Minutes Ago

Here's a Photo of the weather conditions here in Austin Nevada as of 15 minutes ago. I love the snow but it's time that it moves-on in to warmer weather. Hopefully that the temperatures will move-in to the high 60's low 70's that they predict for this weekend so this stuff will melt away. This is the trailer park where I live

Plays In The Dirt

BTW, that's highway 50 behind the trailers.
Space Cowboy
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Space Cowboy »

Where on Highway 50?
Plays In The Dirt

Space Cowboy wrote:Where on Highway 50?
Eureka