two kinds of Americans

Sal

two kinds of Americans

Post by Sal »

A poster here wrote that people supporting laws to protect private property from OHV disturbance were "un- American".

I disagree.

I think there two kinds of Americans. :o We can look at the issue of slavery and the consequent civil war as an example and direct comparison with the OHV issue. :cry:

One kind of American knows that his activity is wrong, be it slavery or OHV impacts on land other than his own. :evil: This American used sleight-of-hand and trickery with laws and politics to keep slavery legal for hundreds of years and to supplant slavery with de-facto slavery after the civil war decided the legal outcome. :evil: This is similar to Americans who know that OHV impacts on public and private lands are having a devasting effect on the wildlife and the rights of others to live in peace. :evil: These Americans try to find legal loopholes to protect what they claim is their "right" to ride on others' property or the public's lands. :shock: They may try to subvert laws by calling them unconstitutional or they may threaten other citizens who support these laws. :o They might write endless tracts citing little known laws that they claim support their "rights" to your land and mine. :twisted:

The other kind of American is one who acknowledges what is morally right, even if it affects him in the pocketbook. :) Americans like this were abolitionists and are those of us who oppose OHV use where its effects are damaging the public lands or disturbing private homes. :)

Abolitionists helped slaves escape to the north. 8-) They helped elect officials that saw slavery as an evil. 8-) Lincoln outlawed slavery through presidential order while the civil war was still raging. :!:

Nature and private property advocates help landowners find resources to attempt to control the chaos of OHV riding. :D We also help elect officials that see OHV impacts on public and the private lands of others as damaging and needing serious regulation. :D 8-)

there are two kinds of Americans. We are all one kind or the other. None of us is "un-American". :?

which are you? :?:
Last edited by Sal on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
EZRider

Re: two kinds of Americans

Post by EZRider »

What kind of American am I?

One who would more likely read a posting if it were not jumked up with "emoticons".

EZ
Dan

Post by Dan »

I can agree with you there, EZRider.
LeeVW

Post by LeeVW »

Roger that, EZRider.
Allen
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Allen »

All letters in the same color would be helpful too.
Ken@WonderValley

Post by Ken@WonderValley »

Count me in I agree too
Suzuki Phil

Post by Suzuki Phil »

I agree with you Sal. Their are two kind of American's, those who want to control the other by imposing laws and regulations that are not needed. The others just want to be left alone.

SP
Dan

Post by Dan »

I'm with Phil. Those who want to be left alone to craft their life and their retirement, and those who insist they are owed something by society or the government.

Which are you, DUSA posters?
castle

Post by castle »

SAL said: "We can look at the issue of slavery and the consequent civil war as an example and direct comparison with the OHV issue."

Hey Salleytori, you must be a product of the government school system. The Civil War was NOT fought over slavery. It was fought over the 10 Amendment of the US Constitution. Try reading the constitution of the CSA, you'll see they were in the process of eliminating slavery for the most part.
EZRider

Post by EZRider »

Dan wrote:I'm with Phil. Those who want to be left alone to craft their life and their retirement, and those who insist they are owed something by society or the government.

Which are you, DUSA posters?
Dan, it's the financial services industry (i.e. banks and brokerage houses) who feel they "are owed something by society or the government".

How well did they serve you in providing for your retirement? They collected commissions and bonuses for leveraging assets 36 times real value until the inevitable collapse.

EZ