Mines in the Superstition Mountains

Moderator: Jim_b

Jim Hatt

Re: Lost Dutchman Mine in the Superstition Mountains

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hi Kathy,

Interesting concept... I don't know enough about that sort of thing, to form even a semi-intelligent response. Maybe some of the other members do... Now that you have inspired that train of thought.

Jim Hatt
roward
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Lost Dutchman Mine in the Superstition Mountains

Post by roward »

Could the "cow barn" be the "board house" where Waltz went for supplies once and which he referred to as "the house with the woman" or something to that effect?
Yehonadav

Re: Mines in the Superstition Mountains

Post by Yehonadav »

Since the Peralta Maps and this forum kind of interlink, I wasn't sure where to post this, but will post it here as my post more has to do with locations of Mines and other points of interest, even though they are located on the Latin Heart. As you can see on the map below, I have place marked all of the points of interest that are discernable by examining elevation differences and also taking into account how the different points are positioned with respect to each other. As I zoomed in and examined further, I noticed that almost every place of interest on the Latin heart had a Trail or Creek that either led to it or very close. Though this doesn't mean you can just waltz on down and bam you run into it, it does make it a lot easier to know your search area for the mines, etc. The map is zoomed out so that you can see the entire heart area, but if you use any mapping program you can use the coordinate grid points that are shown on the image below to see where my positions are. As Jim has and others have said, you could be standing next to a mine, etc and not find it, but if a search area can be so scaled down to where extensive probing would eventually produce something, then we will have accomplished a lot. Anyways, I hope this helps someone out there who is searching. If you want closer zoomed in images, you can email me at yhonadav@hotmail.com . I know a lot are probably asking by now why I don't just go over there and search myself. Well several reasons, first off I'm in school, so makes it hard to find time to do such a thing, especially considering I live 2 states away. Secondly, there is the money involved not only in traveling there, but also in getting supplies. However, if I knew that someone had definitely found something, then I would be willing to help any way I could. Anyways, hope to hear feedback soon either on here or in email. Thanks for this message board desert usa!

Yehonadav

Post by Yehonadav »

John V. Kemm wrote:Thankyou Yehonadav! http://s936.photobucket.com/albums/ad20 ... rview1.jpg
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to tell me here John. Can you elaborate on what you are trying to convey here? All you did was post a picture, but didn't tell me it's significance. I'd be interested in hearing :)
Yehonadav

Post by Yehonadav »

John V. Kemm wrote:The location of the peralta heart the lost dutchman is what im conveying. And thank you for your topo map. John V. Kemm
Well John, if you've seen the latin heart and also have seen it in proximity to the top river which is the Salt river, and finally have seen it in proximity to the three dots that are on either side of the heart on the top map (those mountains being Weavers's needle, Iron Mountain, and Picketpost Mountain), then you will see that it can't be that far west. The ultimate kicker in where the heart lies, is matching the descriptions on the Latin Heart EXACTLY to the corresponding land features. If you see in the heart area of my image, all of the land features line up with their latin descriptions on the heart. Now that's not to say John that maybe you found a different mine. The Peraltas had a LOT of mines, and the Indians as well had knowledge probably of still more gold deposits. So I'm not saying you haven't found a mine, but what I am saying is that it's highly improbable that it is that far west. If you can line the latin heart up with the area you outlined and show me where the features in that area line up with the latin heart descriptions, then I will give it some consideration. If you don't know what the latin heart is or what the terms mean, there is an excellent article here on desertusa that will be helpful, it's http://www.desertusa.com/ldm-1/peralta.html . It's very much worth reading as it shows all the maps and both sides of the heart, along with the latin term definitions. It also gives the meanings of the old roman numeral system that they Peraltas used. Hope that helps :)
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Yehonadav,

I am familiar with that article.
I have spent many hours with it,
and I fully agree with every word in it! :D

Jim Hatt
Yehonadav

Post by Yehonadav »

I know he's pretty knowledgeable right? lol. Very patient as well, except for when it comes to stupidity lol.

<------Guilty as charged lol
Yehonadav

Post by Yehonadav »

Hmmmm...if they were only to follow the general direction of the map...then it would make it next to impossible for any one, including spainards to find the treasure. It's bad enough that you could be standing on or next to it and miss it, but then to make the maps purposefully vague? Wouldnt' that defeat the purpose of making the map for your comrades to find the treasure? I agree that the maps were made very cryptic on purpose so that only they would know what the symbols meant. However I don't believe that they would make a map of an area and say here's a mine and there's a mine and then say oops we lied, but keep going this direction and maybe by chance you'll happen upon it. Just don't add up to me my friend, but I respect your opinion :)
Yehonadav

Post by Yehonadav »

Well I don't want to argue John...I respect your opinion and agree to disagree. I hope you find something physical to present and that you stay safe :)
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

John V. Kemm wrote:The most obvious clues on the peralta maps (1.A Heart) (2. A Horse) (3. A priest) Ok Can you show me any other location In the Superstitions Other Than My location. That contain these three unique features in one location together. So apparent it looks like it was made by an artist? I rest My case. Sincerely John V. Kemm

John,

Let's back up a few steps here Pardner. It is like I was trying to explain to you before. One guy can look up into the sky and see an elephant in the clouds. Another guy standing right next to him can look in the same place and just see clouds. Looking at satellite photos of the earth is exactly the same thing.

What do you say to the idea of letting it rest until your story breaks on the news? Then well will all apologize for not seeing your elephant in the clouds, and call you "THE MAN"!

Deal?

Jim Hatt