Free Standing Art and Wildflowers

Moderator: Jim_b

Jim_b
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Free Standing Art and Wildflowers

Post by Jim_b »

Dennis Avery, land owner of Galleta Meadows Estates in Borrego Springs California envisioned the idea of adding 'free standing art' to his property with original steel welded sculptures created by 'Perris Jurassic Park' owner/artist/welder Ricardo Breceda. http://www.desertusa.com/borrego/bs-art.html

He has been adding new art over the past year, I visited Borrego Springs yesterday, with my son to check wildflowers, the animals and to enjoy the art. (Temp was 85) It still early for wildflowers, but we found some, Here are some of the pictures we took.

More wildflowers pictures on the wildflower report for Anza http://www.desertusa.com/wildflo/ca_abdsp.html
LeeVW

Re: Free Standing Art and Wildflowers

Post by LeeVW »

Great shots, Jim!
lara

Post by lara »

awesome photos jim! the jackrabbit ones are outstanding. how on earth did you manage to get him in focus?! and the art shots are so sharp. nice work...

lara
Jim_b

Post by Jim_b »

Roadrunner and Rabbit pictures Canon 7D 1/1250 f14 ISO 1000 200 mm lens Raw format

My son took the rabbit picture. He is use to shooting action, he does the polo matches in Indio.

I used a Canon 40D for some of the others pictures 17-40mm lens

Bee was a Canon 7D 1/1250 f8 ISO 1000 100 mm lens Raw format He took 40 pictures in group of 10 until the internal memory fills. Got 5 very good ones.
Space Cowboy
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Space Cowboy »

Great pix! Haven't seen the four-by before. We were there just last spring.