Desert Wildflower Reports
April 29, 2016 - In Joshua Tree NP the desert wildflowers are blooming as well as the cactus. There are currently many good areas in southern California. We have some new reports below.
E-mail your digital photos and reports to Jim@desertusa.com. Use Wildflower Report as the subject of your e-mail. Let us know where you took the photo and the date. We'll post them on our wildflower reports. Thanks for your support and photos.
Desert Wildflower Updates by State and Parks
- Phoenix Area and Northern AZ - Updated April 9, 2016
- Tucson Area and Southern AZ - Updated April 13, 2016
- Anza Borrego DSP - Updated April 15, 2016
- Death Valley NP - Updated April 29, 2016
- Joshua Tree NP - Updated April 29, 2016
- Mojave NP & Amboy - Updated April 20, 2016
- California Southern - Updated April 29, 2016
- Northern California and Oregon - Updated April 20, 2016
- Nevada and Utah - Updated April 29, 2016
- New Mexico - Updated April 7, 2016
- Texas - Updated April 29, 2016
Cactus flower Anza Borrego DSP
Photos tips: Most digital point-and-shoot cameras have a macro function - usually symbolized by the icon of a little flower. When you turn on that function, you allow your camera to get closer to the subject, looking into a flower for example. Or getting up close and personal with a bug. More on desert photography and wildflower photos.
Water Conservation Gardening The vast majority of the water being used is wasted through evaporation, leaks, and run-off. Homeowners are not using the most efficient ways to water their landscaping and gardens. Not only are they wasting water, but they are increasing their monthly water bills. There are many ways that desert residents can have the gardens they desire while conserving precious water.
When will the desert wildflowers bloom? We start our report in January, plan your visit to coincide with the peak of the bloom - keep up to date with DesertUSA's Wildflower Reports. Be sure to bookmark this page for weekly updates and sign up for our newsletter.
We'd like to see your pictures too. E-mail your digital photos and reports to Jim@desertusa.com. Use Wildflower Report as the subject of your e-mail. Let us know where you took the photo and the date. We will post them on our wildflower reports. Thanks for your support and photos.
For other state reports click on link below
Other DesertUSA Resources
Related DesertUSA Pages
- How to Turn Your Smartphone into a Survival Tool
- 26 Tips for Surviving in the Desert
- Your GPS Navigation Systems
May Get You Killed
- 7 Smartphone Apps to Improve Your Camping Experience
- Desert Survival Skills
- Successful Search & Rescue Missions with Happy Endings
- How to Keep Ice Cold in the Desert
Survival Tips for Horse and Rider
an Emergency Survival Kit
Wildflower field guide ebook
Find the wildflowers by color - Kindle, iPads and Smart phones. $4.99
Share this page on Facebook:
DesertUSA Newsletter -- We send articles on hiking, camping and places to explore, as well as animals, wildflower reports, plant information and much more. Sign up below or read more about the DesertUSA newsletter here. (It's Free.)