Zion National Park - Utah
Resources and Nearby Attractions
Resources & Nearby Attractions
Cities & Towns
- Springdale, Utah: adjoins the park on the south.
- St. George, Utah: 42 miles southwest.
- Cedar City, Utah: 25 miles north.
- Beaver, Utah: 78 miles north.
- Panguitch: 66 miles northeast.
- Hurricane, Utah: 25 miles west.
- Mt. Carmel, Utah: 23 miles east.
- Kanab, Utah: 40 miles east.
- Fredonia, Arizona: 47 miles southeast.
Parks & Monuments
- Bryce Canyon National Park: 80 miles northeast.
- Cedar Breaks National Monument: 43 miles northeast.
- Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument: 75 miles east.
- Capitol Reef National Park: 209 miles northeast.
- Pipe Spring National Monument: 61 miles south.
- Grand Canyon National Park (North Rim): 121 miles southeast.
- Kodachrome Basin State Park: 95 miles east.
- Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park: 38 miles southeast.
- Iron Mission State Park: 30 miles north.
- Snow Canyon State Park: 53 miles west.
- Minersville State Park: 82 miles north.
Recreation & Wilderness Areas
- Lake Mead National Recreation Area: 118 miles southwest.
- Glen Canyon National Recreation Area: 114 miles east.
- Dixie National Forest: Surrounds the Park.
- Fishlake National Forest: 120 miles northeast.
Resources & Points of Interest
- Pioneer Museum: Beaver
- Daughters of Pioneers Museum: St. George
- Brigham Young Winter Home: St. George
- Jacob Hamblin Home: St. George
- Paunsagunt Wildlife Museum: Panguitc
Zion National Park
Springdale, UT 84767-1099
Vistor information 435-772-3256
SEARCH THIS SITE
Arches National Park Video
The sandstone at Arches National Park has provided the palette for sensational desert vistas and arches, making this park unique. Nature has used wind, rain and ice to carve fantastic desert vistas and arches. Join the DesertUSA team on a tour of some of the incredibly beautiful natural features at Arches National Park.
Canyonlands National Park Utah Video
Canyonlands National Park, located in the Colorado Plateau region, is a showcase of geology. Rivers divide the park into three districts, the Island in the Sky, the Needles, and the Maze. While these areas share a primitive desert atmosphere, each exhibits a distinctive character, and offers different opportunities for exploration.
Death Valley - Titus Canyon Video
As Titus Canyon Road in Death Valley reaches the foothills, it starts to climb and meander among the sagebrush and red rock outcroppings. The road becomes steeper and narrower as it approaches Red Pass, amply named for its red rocks and dirt. Enjoy the ride!
Click here to see current desert temperatures!
DesertUSA is a comprehensive resource about the North American deserts and Southwest destinations. Learn about desert biomes while you discover how desert plants and animals learn to adapt to the harsh desert environment. Find travel information about national parks, state parks, BLM land, and Southwest cities and towns located in or near the desert regions of the United States. Access maps and information about the Sonoran Desert, Mojave Desert, Great Basin Desert, and Chihuahuan Desert.