Off-Highway Vehicle Areas
El Centro Field Office
Plaster City Off-Highway Vehicle Area
All OHV Parks |General Info. | Trails & Maps | Camping | Directions
Located approximately 17 miles west of El Centro on County Highway S80, this Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) open area provides ample opportunity to test individual driving skill over a variety of terrain. Two staging areas, Plaster City East and Plaster City West, are popular primitive camping and day use areas. Limited use areas and military practice bombing targets are immediately adjacent to the open area. Please observe all posted signs and do not enter the bombing ranges.
Map & Trails (PDF)
Plaster City Map
From Interstate 8 East:
• Take the Imperial Hwy/S-2 exit North.
• Turn east on County Hwy S-80/Evan Hewes Hwy.
• For Plaster City West, continue east on Hwy S-80/Evan Hewes Hwy for 7 miles.
• For Plaster City East, continue east on Hwy S-80/Evan Hewes Hwy for 10 miles.
From Interstate 8 West:
• Take the Dunaway exit north.
• Turn west on County Hwy S-80/Evan Hewes Hwy.
• For Plaster City East, continue west on Hwy S-80/Evan Hewes Hwy for 2 miles.
• For Plaster City West, continue west on Hwy S-80/Evan Hewes Hwy for 5 miles.
Share this page on Facebook:
DesertUSA Newsletter -- We send articles on hiking, camping and places to explore, as well as animals, wildflower reports, plant information and much more. Sign up below or read more about the DesertUSA newsletter here. (It's Free.)