Desert Photography Tips and Tricks
Getting the Perfect Picture
Looking for that perfect light at sunset.
Whether you're buying your first digital camera or want to learn how to use your digital camera, we've got the photography tips and tricks to help you - get that perfect picture. Light is your paint, your camera the brush.
DesertUSA Articles on Photography and Videos
- Desert Photography and Digital Cameras
- Photo Safari at Imperial Sand Dunes
- Desert Lightning - How to Photograph
- Take Your Best Shot - Animal Photography
- Marshal South the Movie
- Photographing Memories of a Trip
- The Last Frontier on Film - Photographing Trona Pinnacles
- How to do Nighttime Photography
- How to get photos of wild animals
- Photographer's View of Antelope Canyon
- Autumn Glimmer: Photographers descend on the craggy Eastern Sierra, hoping for magic light and stunning fall scenery
- Weep Not: Cemetery visitors celebrate life not death (includes photography by Lara Hartley)
Photographing The Milky Way
Mirage - by Doug Aitken - mirrors covered house
Slab City ,California
Salvation Mountain - Leonard Knight
East Jesus - Charlie Russell
The Kinetoscope - video
Desert Photography Close-up
A Passion for the Rails:Photographing Trains
It's Not a Brand New Bag: I carry a lot of stuff with me when I am on the road. Three bags. I bring everything because I don’t know what I might need if I am out for an extended time.
Sometimes a Notion: In each photographer the spark of creativity is vitally different, each expression unique.
Once Upon A Time:
Creating lasting books of the photos that you like best
Movin' on up (to a digital SLR)
Desert Photography Primer by Chris Wray
Share this page on Facebook:
DesertUSA Newsletter -- We send articles on hiking, camping and places to explore, as well as animals, wildflower reports, plant information and much more. Sign up below or read more about the DesertUSA newsletter here. (It's Free.)