Kartchner Caverns AZ State Park
Climate and Maps
Kartchner Caverns State Park encompasses 550-acres at the base of the Whetstone Mountains in Cochise County of southern Arizona. The park has an elevation of approximately 4,000 feet.
Kartchner is 120 miles southeast of Phoenix and 50 miles southeast of the Tucson airport. From Interstate 10. take the Sierra Vista/Fort Huachuca exit #302 (State Highway 90). The entrance to this State Park is 9 miles south of the Interstate on the west side of the road.
Pictures copyright Arizona State Parks.
Cities & Towns
- Benson, Arizona: 12 miles north.
- Tucson, Arizona: 48 miles northwest.
- Willcox, Arizona: 49 miles east.
- Tombstone, Arizona: 12 miles south.
- Bowie, Arizona: 74 miles east.
- Bisbee, Arizona: 72 miles south.
Parks & Monuments
- Fort Bowie National Historic Site: 57 miles east.
- Saguaro National Park (East): 50 miles northwest.
- Coronado National Memorial: 63 miles southwest.
- Chiricahua National Monument: 87 miles east.
- Tombstone Courthouse State Historic Park: 12 miles south.
Recreation & Wilderness Areas
- Sabino Canyon Recreation Area: 57 miles northwest.
- Rucker Canyon Recreation Area: 38 miles south.
- Miller Peak Wilderness: 49 miles west.
- San Pedro National Riparian Conservation Area: 3 miles south.
- Cochise Stronghold Recreation Area: 42 miles east.
Historic & Points of Interest
- San Pedro Southwestern Railroad (Benson)
- Bammons Gulch (Benson)
Kartchner Caverns State Park
P.O. Box 1849
Benson, Arizona 85602
Phone information (520) 586-4100
Phone reservations: (520)-586-2283
Share this page on Facebook:
DesertUSA Newsletter -- We send articles on hiking, camping and places to explore, as well as animals, wildflower reports, plant information and much more. Sign up below or read more about the DesertUSA newsletter here. (It's Free.)