Desert Horseback Riding
Most parks, recreation and wilderness areas have their own rules and policies for horseback riding. Most of the information contained in this section is for individuals who are traveling with their own horse(s). Some areas also have horse rental services and guided tours.
Contact the individual park prior to your trip to make sure the trails and horse facilities are open. Also verify water sources and trail conditions before you leave for your ride.
Desert Survival Tips for Horse & Rider
Below is a list of links to DesertUSA articles and some park trail guides. For more equestrian trail information at a specific park or location, visit Places To Go.
- Arizona Places To Go
- Canyon de Chelly National Monument
- Heartbeat & Hoofbeats of Canyon de Chelly
- Monument Valley Adventure
- Moonlight Trail Ride to a Rainbow - Monument Valley, Lake Powell NRA
- Afton Canyon - BLM
- Anza-Borrego Desert State Park
- Bradshaw Trail - BLM
- California Places To Go
- Death Valley National Park
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Jupiter Flats - BLM
- Red Rock Canyon State Park
- Stevens Trail - BLM
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Canyonlands National Park
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Moonlight Trail Ride to a Rainbow - Lake Powell NRA, Rainbow Bridge NM
- Utah Places To Go
- Zion National Park
- Riding The Outlaw Trail
Share this page on Facebook:
DesertUSA Newsletter -- We send articles on hiking, camping and places to explore, as well as animals, wildflower reports, plant information and much more. Sign up below or read more about the DesertUSA newsletter here. (It's Free.)
SEARCH THIS SITE
Click here to see current desert temperatures!