Fish & Crustaceans in the Desert Biome
Desert Pupfish - Pupfish are protected at various locations in Death Valley National Park, including Saratoga Springs, Salt Creek and a totally distinct portion of the park located in Nevada called Devil's Hole. Read more...
Fairy Shrimp - Fairy shrimp can withstand long periods of desiccation and can remain as encased embryos called cysts, totally dehydrated and inactive for many years and in some cases decades in the dry mud of pools. Read more...
Books & Stuff
- Animal Classification: Putting the Plants and Animals in Their Places.
- Spotting Sonoran Desert Wildlife
- Desert Animal Survival
- Desert Food Chain
- Desert Food Chain: An Introduction
- Cetaceans: Marine Mammals in the Sea of Cortez
- Looking for Birds in the Southwest? Follow the Water
Share this page on Facebook:
DesertUSA Newsletter -- We send articles on hiking, camping and places to explore, as well as animals, wildflower reports, plant information and much more. Sign up below or read more about the DesertUSA newsletter here. (It's Free.)